Sponsored by:

FS: 993 Twin Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007 | 11:08 AM
Qwickrick
Three Wheelin'

Default Roll Bar Installation

Here is a picture of the roll bar mounts

Last edited by Qwickrick; 05-13-2013 at 07:01 PM.
Old 12-24-2007 | 02:32 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

I think $69K is sensible price for a one-owner, no stories Turbo and 50K miles is on the low side for miles but does contribute to the price starting with a "6" instead of a "7."

The numerous modifications in the photos should be spelled out. I don't know what a 100HP ECU mod with a fuel pressure regulator might be, but I'd want to understand how the car was modified in some detail. The photo doesn't really show the installation of the bar very well, but both the bar and the fire-ex mount look like they've been drilled (and presumably plated.) The installation of the bar does not indicate the way the sub-straps are mounted -- this could be as simple as a cross-brace from the seat sliders or it could be drilled and plated. In my humble, this doesn't effect the price or value of the car in this sort of condition and miles -- it's no longer a museum piece, so any buyer uncomfortable with holes just isn't a buyer for this car.

For me, little things like a stock head unit are sort of important but big things like a modified engine don't phase me as long as the work is done sensibly.

One good way to improve the value of a modified car is to have a book assembled to document the history of the modifcations. Work done over the course of years and well documented presents a very different picture than a car that's had $10K thrown at it last year and now the car's for sale.

Things like non-standard seats and wheels are neither here nor there -- some buyers will want a stock car that's never seen the track and other buyers will see value in someone already having sorted out the car. A very thorough PPI will establish the health of the engine and identify any significant issues (short of say transmission problems or pending internal failures) but after that, this car looks very good and sensibly done.

I recommend including more information on the history, the mods and any available take-off parts, wheels etc.

I'd market the car more broadly than a little-known given dealer (that's not to suggest they're good or bad) and get the car visible to a much broader audience through the trader site and eBay. I've noticed a lot of people scanning craigslist as part of their shopping efforts and I think listing with pmletter.com is important along with a listing with PCNA.

This is hardly an unusual car and I'm sure there's guys in the paddock every track day wishing they could find a turn-key red over black Turbo at fair price, so I'd be in no hurry to start discounting unless there's a need for a quick sale to a haggling buyer.
Old 12-24-2007 | 03:12 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Carrera GT has very nicely addressed some issues that some buyers are questioning..

I have repeatedly asked how the bar was mounted, and then you see the fire-extinguisher mount in the rear center hump. I don't see any of the sub front seat belt mounts..

Basically the question is.. ARE there ANY holes drilled into the CHASSIS that were not drilled into the car when it left the factory??

I get customers calling me every week asking for clean 1st and 2nd owner cars.. It's hard to go thru the cars when they are clear across the country.

For a person that is going or wanting to DE there new TT this car would be a excellent choice!!!

I'm partial to Guards Red and Black cars.. I think that this car will move around 65K..
Old 12-24-2007 | 03:49 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Here's a direct link to the ad.

http://www.autosportdesigns.com/Sale...s.aspx?ID=1418

The ad does read "no holes drilled into car" for the DAS bar, so that's a plus. It doesn't reference the sub belt straps, but that could easily be a brace on the sliders. That fire-ex seems like it would have to have been drilled into the tunnel -- maybe there's a bracket off the seat belt anchors?

It doesn't mention the suspension aside from adjustable sways.

The "straight ahead" marker on the steering wheel and the jack-point markers on the rocker panels suggest it's been set up for frequent track driving. Newer rotors on the front, rusty older rotors on the rear suggest it's not really be "prepped" for sale, but the car is otherwise very clean and tidy. A lot cleaner than mine and I've barely got 10K miles on mine! : )
Old 12-24-2007 | 04:05 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Carrera you are right.. The car is very clean.. Rick should post the leak down numbers. I also am curious what is behind the Alpine head unit. Did the factory wiring get the 1 hour clip and crimp install?
Old 12-27-2007 | 01:38 PM
Qwickrick
Three Wheelin'

Suspension has been modified with Bilstein PSS-9's, either H&R or Weltmeister strut tower brace and anti sway bars. Antoine at Autosport has all the details, all service records, as they have serviced the car since new (1997) and I believe he has photos of the roll bar mounts showing that they did not require any additional holes in the chassis. I don't remember how the sub belt straps mount but since he has the car there, he can tell any serious buyer. Front rotors and pagid orange brakepads are new and the only reason there is "rust" on the rears, is that I didn't drive it from May of 2007 on, when I switched to the GT3. Exhaust system was installed almost from day one, and changes to the ECU were done a couple of years ago. Yes, obviously the yellow markers on the steering wheel and rocker panels,
were because I DE the car, and the car had been to a couple of DE's early in the season. I also did not mention that there's a bigger Alpine amplifier for the radio under the passenger seat, again installed when we went to the Alpine unit in the dash so I could plug in my iPod. Windshield is also new for 2007, as I couldn't stand all the little scratches after owning the car for 10 years.
Original seats were sold when I went to the Recaro's year ago, and the wheels are factory 996 turbo wheels as I wanted the extra half increase of wheel on the rears to allow use of 295/30 MPSII's.

Hope I answered any questions, and if not, Antoine can.

And yes I'm partial to Guards Red as the GT3 and E-type are both Guards Red
Old 03-01-2008 | 11:31 AM
Qwickrick
Three Wheelin'

My turbo is back for sale as the buyer's wife did not approve of a car with a roll bar.

Rick
Old 03-23-2008 | 07:33 PM
Qwickrick
Three Wheelin'

Car is still available and spring is here.
Old 03-24-2008 | 07:52 AM
IamSMC
Rennlist Member

What's the price now?
Old 03-24-2008 | 09:23 AM
Qwickrick
Three Wheelin'

$59000
Old 03-27-2008 | 11:44 AM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Sweet!