Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So who has the best prices on Motons?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 02:12 PM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default So who has the best prices on Motons?

Leaning towards the Dual Adjustable setup. I've called a couple of places and prices seem to be standard accross the board. Any rec's on a shop/site with better prices would be appreciated, although I doubt there's much diff in pricing actually Thanks guys!
Old 11-07-2007, 04:57 PM
Acropora
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Steve Weiner www.rennsportsystems.com No better customer service out there.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:50 PM
dbf73
Boost Junkie
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

yup - given the similarity of prices, you want a vendor who really knows the shocks and how to effectively adjust the many possible settings for your application. Unless you want to exercise your god-given right to adjust yourself out of competitiveness
Old 11-08-2007, 03:07 AM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Spartan
Leaning towards the Dual Adjustable setup. I've called a couple of places and prices seem to be standard accross the board. Any rec's on a shop/site with better prices would be appreciated, although I doubt there's much diff in pricing actually Thanks guys!
Hi:

JMHO, but what you really want is support, not simply the cheapest price.

Whomever you chose to provide your suspension system should provide the proper spring package for your application and skill levels. They should also give you starting adjustments for bump/rebound and gas pressures and explain how these work.

Lastly, your suspension provider should help you get the car adjusted for your driving skills as well as provide long-term support as you improve and demand more of the car.

Needless to say, a qualified vendor doesn't work for nothing and that level of experience and knowledge is incorporated into the price of the shocks so he/she can afford to help you well beyond the initial sale.

There are some other parts needed to optimize a Moton package such as 993 EVO uprights and tie-rods to prevent the bump steer issues that arise from the resulting low ride heights.

Hope this helps,
Old 11-08-2007, 10:47 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Acropora
Steve Weiner www.rennsportsystems.com No better customer service out there.
+100
Old 11-08-2007, 05:01 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Spartan- geesh you've really gone off the deep end! Nice.

p.s. I suggest you buy a car first.

[/jealousy]
Old 11-08-2007, 08:52 PM
WHB Porsche
I'm Still Jenny
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Steve Weiner has given me excellent service already and I haven't even BOUGHT the parts yet. By the way, Steve, 34/38 feels much better than the 29/34 that was, strangely, on the car.

Charlie
Old 11-09-2007, 01:17 PM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by TheOtherEric
Spartan- geesh you've really gone off the deep end! Nice.

p.s. I suggest you buy a car first.

[/jealousy]

Haha just doing some research Eric. That's why I'm buying a higher mileage car in the $50's, the extra $$$ not spent getting a lower mileage car goes straight into mods as well as extra padding for the inevidable rebuild(s)

By the time the ABCC event in April the car should have seats, harnesses, susp, track wheels/rubber etc. The car *might* have some engine work done but I'll see what kind of car i pick up before making that decision. Could already be modded or I'll just drive it until it needs it. Choices choices
Old 11-14-2007, 11:36 AM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Seems that 10% off is the standard.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:46 PM
dennywags
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

give Sol at Perfect Power a call. 847-367-8837. they are in libertyville but are currently moving to a bigger place in buffalo grove. i will not be the only one reccomending him as he has an oustanding reputation.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:37 PM
JJayB
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want double adjustable, and state of the art its KW. IMHO.
Jimmy
Old 11-15-2007, 09:22 AM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by JJayB
If you want double adjustable, and state of the art its KW. IMHO.
Jimmy
To be honest I've never really considered KW to be in the same category as Ohlin, Penske, and Motons but that's only coming from my personal experience with Audi's.

Which Varient are we talking here? I'm open to any suggestions as long as they aren't Pss9's

btw you car looks AMAZING. Plan on doing the exact same exterior mods. Stunning combo
Old 11-15-2007, 12:16 PM
IamSMC
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WHB Porsche
Steve Weiner has given me excellent service already and I haven't even BOUGHT the parts yet. By the way, Steve, 34/38 feels much better than the 29/34 that was, strangely, on the car.

Charlie
Tire pressures?
Old 11-15-2007, 03:24 PM
JJayB
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Spartan
To be honest I've never really considered KW to be in the same category as Ohlin, Penske, and Motons but that's only coming from my personal experience with Audi's.

Which Varient are we talking here? I'm open to any suggestions as long as they aren't Pss9's

btw you car looks AMAZING. Plan on doing the exact same exterior mods. Stunning combo
Spartan,
All the dampers you mentioned are quality items and have developed a good reputation but are geared more for the race set. Another downside you can expect to rebuild them annually which is ok if your running a race car. (Moton sports are the exception)

The KW's varient 3 are newer on the market but have won over many of the eruopean tunners and seem to be the shock of choice on the Nordschlief compeition. They are standard on the new Viper ACR,and AMG CLK 63 black series. They have improved response on compression and the ability to tune from steet to track without removing the wheels. Given the requirements that the manufactureres dictate, they seems to be more responsive to the enthusuist market in my discussions with their tech people. I'd give them a serious look.
BTW, thank you for the compliment on blackie.
Jimmy
Old 11-15-2007, 05:02 PM
jhargis
Intermediate

That car is the bomb!

Quick Reply: So who has the best prices on Motons?