Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So who has the best prices on Motons?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007 | 09:35 PM
Acropora
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JJayB
The KW's varient 3 are newer on the market but have won over many of the eruopean tunners and seem to be the shock of choice on the Nordschlief compeition.
I just read about them at 6speed. If they perform anywhere near motons then they're a killer deal.
Old 11-16-2007 | 12:28 AM
JJayB
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Acropora
I just read about them at 6speed. If they perform anywhere near motons then they're a killer deal.
Brad,
I've found as group Porsche enthusists are slower to accept new technology, I guess that's why we love air cooled cars. Newer isn't always better. When the JRZ's hit the market in the mid 90's they were slow to catch on but the race teams found them to produce better lap times then the icon Bilsteins. JRZ's morphed to Motons and are the rage at the club level. Ohlins and Penskes are really race only.

Steve Weiner made an excellant point regarding service and set up. I found with my Bilsteins that they are more interested in selling 10,000 shocks for oem rather than a few for racers. In spite of the hours on the shock dyno getting the right set up on the Bilsteins they are old school forty year old technology. I was ready to make the move to Moton's when I started reading about KW. I was really suprised when my CLK3 Black series arrived with KW's. I know AMG spent a ton of time and money on the suspension. So why did they select KW? AMG brand director told me it was quality, new technologhy and reliability. They need to work closely with the manufacturer and engieering team. KW felt that with its new technology they would go after the enthusist market and was surprised when AMG approached them. I've spoken to their tech people and got immediate answers and help on set ups. I decided that the given that support at KW, I'd treat blackie to some new dampers.

Jimmy
Old 11-16-2007 | 05:54 AM
bb993tt
Three Wheelin'

I think that one reason KW's are as popular here as they are with the Nordschleife crowd (and they are *very* popular) is that group knows this circuit isn't really a race track. It's a (toll) road, but a road nontheless, and bears little resemblance to very smooth, purpose built circuits. As such, suspension for driving there needs to be more akin to a very fast road set-up - one that can soak up many of the bumps and uldulations thrown at you by the NS, or by any road for that matter. Manthey uses KW's as the basis for his branded coil-overs, which he revalves, much the same way as Ruf does with PSS9's. They must work quite well at places like Brands and Silverstone, however, since I see many Manthey-equipped GT3's and RS's with NS decals on them at these circuits as well.

Last edited by bb993tt; 11-16-2007 at 08:08 AM.

Quick Reply: So who has the best prices on Motons?