Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

993GT2EVO overdue pictures

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007 | 05:11 PM
graeme36s
Racer

Default 993GT2EVO overdue pictures

Well to say that I impressed with the car is an under statement. Some of you guys have already read some info about the car but for the benefit of you all, here are my first thoughts. (colour buy the way is Ocean Blue Metallic).
First of all she is completely factory original. From the overly quite silencers to the original ECU. Performance is awesome. Far quicker than I imagined or hoped for. I have driven two other 993GT2's, one a clubsport and the other a comfort spec, both pre EVO and neither pull like this thing does.
I behaved myself for a couple of hundred miles letting everything bed back in as I had know idea when she was last run. Then I started to nail the throttle. F**k me she is fast. I then started to notice a whole appearing mid range in the boost, like you had given a bit of a lift of the throttle. The feed back that I am very grateful for suggested that it could be the N75 frequency valve that I duly purchased from Porsche. Long story short I took the car back to Fearnsport today that carried out the original pre purchase inspection for me. Andy drove the car today for the first time on the road, "f**k me she's fast", and this from a man that has driven and worked on more 993GT2's than I would imagine any other guy in the UK. So he carried out some tests and it appears that the actuator vavles are the problem. (I am not a mechanic but I have a basic understanding). The left side moves with 4-5lb pressure but the right side needs 9-10lb. So we have ordered up some new actuators that should be fitted next week and we'll fit new dump valves (not porsche and I cannot remember the make) along with the new N75 valve just as a precautionary measure. I have also decided to sell my 964 3.6 Turbo as in truth it now feels like it is broken in comparison to the GT2. Phelix has kindly offered to lend me a DL1 which when everything is sorted I'll run some performance figures. Andy with the benefit of his experience reckons she's making nearer 480bhp and suggested that I leave the car with him for at least six months until he gets around to fixing it

Old 10-18-2007 | 05:16 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

beautiful car!!!!
Enjoy it!
thanx for sharing
Old 10-18-2007 | 05:32 PM
Jay993turbo
Instructor

That car is awesome. Congratulations.
Old 10-18-2007 | 06:05 PM
Bradford
Rennlist Member

Graeme - You lucky dog! The ultimate 993, enjoy.
Old 10-18-2007 | 07:27 PM
ACEparts_com
Pro

Lovely, although once it's fixed it won't 'feel' fast enough anymore so you'll have to get it chipped. Slippery slope!
Old 10-18-2007 | 09:06 PM
hiflexaust
Rennlist Member

Beautiful car....best color choice and mine is trimmed just the same as yours....even the front "boot"! truly spectacular....hope you enjoy it as much as I would if you gave it to me!
Old 10-18-2007 | 10:24 PM
toddturbos
Racer

Wow, that's one good looking Porsche...Enjoy your new toy!
Old 10-18-2007 | 11:37 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

2 words...Holy ****.
Old 10-19-2007 | 12:05 AM
kmy
Rennlist Member

speechless!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-19-2007 | 06:36 AM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Greame, did you manage to get it on the scales ?
Old 10-19-2007 | 09:54 AM
AndyT
Three Wheelin'

Evo ? Or Clubsport ? Either way It's bad-*** !!
Old 10-19-2007 | 10:00 AM
nota_troll
Rennlist Member

spectacular!
Old 10-19-2007 | 10:29 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

What a fantanstic car! Congrats -- Love to see more pics and hear more of your impressions on the car!!
Old 10-19-2007 | 05:18 PM
graeme36s
Racer

Thank you to Turbodan, Jay993turbo, Bradford, toddturbos, ca993twin, kmy, Andy T and Nota_Troll very much appreciated.
Aceparts I hope you are wrong but I know exactly what you mean. As a good mate of mine said "once you've had it fixed you'll wish it was broken again".
Hiflexaust I'm afraid I have to be very selfish and keep it all for myself
TB993TT I asked Andy what it weighed on the scales but he could not remember. When I go back to Andy's to get the actuators etc. sorted I'll see if we can weigh it then. My guess 1380kg ish.
Chris Walrod. When Andy carried out the geo set up he biased it towards a track day set up. This in reality unless you are on smooth road tarmac makes the front end very nervous. ie zero toe on the front. I am not overly happy with this as a lot of the time you are always having to tug on the wheel but I will reserve judgement until the day that I take it out onto the circuit. Andy is based at Silverstone so this is where I will do the first trackday, then any settings that need altering can be tried and tested. As I guess most of us know the magnesium speedlines can shatter their spokes so I have bought a set of aluminium centred BBS wheels complete with tyres (hardly used, 8 road miles and I have had the centres painted to match the car. They were gold). These will be fitted prior to any track day. The next issue is the brakes. The options are the Brembo 380mm conversion for the front that most people fit and work very well. The down side is that you end up with noisy brake pads on the road and you cannot refit the original speedlines. The other option that I am looking into is a set of the Movit ceramic brakes fitted on all four corners. They take about 6kg off the unsprung weight and improve turn in. Plus they are 370mm so the speedlines can be refitted. Unlike the Porsche ceramics that are laminated these are solid through and through. I am told that the reason the Porsche ceramics fail is that you need to cool them off properly before stopping. Track days over here tend to be half hour sessions and they reckon you need three cooling off laps to do the job properly. The Movit ceramics should not suffer the same problem. As time unravels I'll keep you up to speed. I have driven a 993GT2 clubsport around silverstone grand prix circuit a couple of times and it is awesome. Obviously not my car so had to be a little extra careful but there was nothing on the circuit that could live with it. That torque punch out of the corners is awesome and it is the first car I have ever hit sixth down the hanger straight before stowe corner (where Shue had his big accident a few years back) pulling into the 170's, Vic who owns the car had his eye's shut at that time
Old 10-19-2007 | 06:31 PM
md11plt
Pro

To quote one of my wife’s friends, “That makes my uterus hurt”. GOLLY that’s gorgeous.

Quick Reply: 993GT2EVO overdue pictures