Sponsored by:

Turbo S at the track again

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 04:42 AM
hiflexaust
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default almost done

OK......finishing up in the workshop now..........cage in, seats back in and battery isolator being wired in. There is the harnesses to go in, fire extinguisher to be refitted, and interior to be re-trimmed and then she is already for 2008 competition series.........I cant wait!
Attached Images        
Old 10-19-2007, 12:32 PM
911/Q45
Addict
Rennlist Member

Wow! Is that a roll cage or a truss for one of the Sydney bridges.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:49 PM
Full Boost
Why do I feel so left out!
Rennlist Member

Received 421 Likes on 202 Posts

Grant,

looking good mate - looking good!

When is it off to the trimmers? Then whats next? Did you get your harnesses?

Ended up having a good day on Sunday - the only other issues i still have are that my nice 19" wheels dont fit anymore.... and now I will NEED more power!

Call me if you want some info?

Simon.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:28 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

That is one very properly used Turbo S. I'm impressed; no garage queen that bad boy! Our local PCA chapter (Santa Barbara) has a member with an arena red turbo S (with arena red interior). It is bone stock, but has been used as an everyday driver.... has close to 100k miles on it. Might be the highest mileage Turbo S in existance.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:41 AM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 168 Likes on 100 Posts

hiflex

Fantastic. You guys seem to be having a lot of fun at the track, it is great to see so much excitement. That cage is serious business.

When you say rallying, what do you mean exactly?

Bost crazy, love the seat back!
Old 10-23-2007, 02:47 AM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 311 Likes on 217 Posts

A small tip is to borrow the under dash pad from a early '86 to '89 911 or purchase the 993RS dash pads.. You will save 5 to 8 lbs..
Old 10-23-2007, 02:51 AM
Full Boost
Why do I feel so left out!
Rennlist Member

Received 421 Likes on 202 Posts

Jean,

If I may? Out here there are a couple of Tarmac Rally series:

Dutton Rally

Mount Buller Sprint

Drive Bathurst

East Coat Classic

Targa Tasmania.

All run on closed roads or tracks or a combination. They range from the Dutton which is s mixture of Motorkahanas and "blind" lap times (all you need is a Fire Extinguisher and valid regisstration ) to the Targa Tas - one of the most highly regarded Tarmac events in the world - (need full on FIA cage certification etc)

Grants car is getting the whole hog - I had a buddy hit a tree VERY hard sideways at around 180km/h and the cage built by these guys was the one thing that saved his life (Yes he was injured quite badly - but has recovered well) IMHO it is the ONLY way to go if you are going to do the SERIOUS stuff.

If you like the seats - you should see the finshed product - and the brakes;......

BOL,

Simon,
Old 10-23-2007, 11:06 AM
hiflexaust
Rennlist Member

Hi Guys,
Exactly what Simon said!
Simon.....OK, progress right now is that CAMS have issued the log book and are standing by with approval for rego once blue slip is issued. Lots of talks with MRT at Rhodes.....blue slip will be done when Brett returns from a magazine test session at Wakefield later this week. Expect at RTA Tuesday next week. Yep, got harnesses. Trimming after rego......

Steve.......well used but only 23000km on the clock. Still a baby! I think that is about 9000miles. "Only driven on Sundays" oh....and on other days as well.

Jean Thanks for the kind words. Have not had as much fun at the track as I would like but it is not too far away.......Simon and I enjoy our cars and we see each other at quite a few events....we swap hints and experiences......he is a lot faster than me but I hope to close the gap a bit next year! Simon explained the rallying thing better than I would have.

Kevin What I really want to borrow is your stage 2 kit......see message to Jean about beating Simon! I think both Simon and I will be knocking at your door soon.

Thanks again guys......I have about three more posts before this baby is finished.....will keep you all in the loop.......by the way, for those interested I have dropped about 90kg in F&R seats and associated electrics, soundproofing, rear wiper/motor,and other crap that doesnt appear necessary to the fun factor but picked up 64kg in cage, new GT3 carbon seats and switches and some extra safety gear.....net weight loss is around 26kg so far....maybe more to come?
Old 10-23-2007, 05:36 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 168 Likes on 100 Posts

Simon, Grant,

That's fantastic stuff. The Tasmanian Targa is a great event, you would have great chances to be at the top there with your cars.

l think the car might still be a bit too heavy for rallying though.. You need to look into CF doors and some lexan and roof delete maybe? Looking forward to see more of the car.

Jean

Quick Reply: Turbo S at the track again