Default Pics my 993tt with new shoes

I just had a new set of wheels and suspension(pss9) installed on my 993tt

http://gallery.mac.com/flakhani#gallery
Old 08-27-2007, 04:22 AM
jimhsu
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good looking setup.

What sizes and widths are those wheels, esp. the back: that must be 11-in wide at least? And are those 19-in wheels?

What setting do you have on your PSS9 on the front? The back?

Thanks!
Old 08-27-2007, 02:13 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

thats not right. the 993TT handles best with 18's and that just doesnt look right at all.
Old 08-27-2007, 02:19 PM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

what are the offsets and widths of those wheels? tire size and brand?
Old 08-27-2007, 09:15 PM
Topsupra
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the feedback......The fronts are 19x8.5 235-35-19 and the rears are 19x11 305-25-19, Im using Pirelli P-zero's.....Im not sure about the offset but I will find out, they were orginally off a 996 turbo, so the offsets were ment for a 996 turbo, but they fit perfect on the 993 turbo.....On the Pss9's Im still playing with the settings. I took some advice from fellow Rennlist members for the setting and now Im twicking them to my taste...

I also have a 996 turbo with a real nice set of I-forged wheels, but I always get way more looks and coments in the 993 turbo, it turns more heads then the 996 turbo....But then again the 993 is a true classic...
Old 08-27-2007, 10:30 PM
sfbanchs
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 52 Posts

i like it a lot what kind of wheels r those by the way i run 19 inch wheels 235 354 19 front and 305 30 19 rear with no problems and it runs great and handles great just as it did with the original 18 inch turbo twists
Old 08-27-2007, 10:31 PM
sfbanchs
Rennlist Member

235 35 19 front
Old 08-27-2007, 10:55 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Well I can at least say I saw 2 of the weirdest 993 TTs ever in one post. Obviously these cars are not exercised on a track. There is absolutely no advantage to taking one of the best looking and best designed 911s EVER and putting on those wheels other than pimping them out. Even the 997 GT3 which comes stock in 19's works better with 18" wheels.
Now all we need is the green TT with the gold interior.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:04 PM
sfbanchs
Rennlist Member

Well I can at least say I saw 2 of the weirdest 993 TTs ever in one post. Obviously these cars are not exercised on a track. There is absolutely no advantage to taking one of the best looking and best designed 911s EVER and putting on those wheels other than pimping them out. Even the 997 GT3 which comes stock in 19's works better with 18" wheels.
Now all we need is the green TT with the gold interior.
what a horrible attitude and so what if we dont track our cars why not just complement the guy on his new wheels and move on i think they look great i dont think his car nor mine are trying to PIMP out as you say
Old 08-27-2007, 11:57 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Its not a horrible attitude just reality. Look I am into these cars for their performance not cruising the blvd.
These cars are 10-11 years old and very RARELY people have tried 19s and even 20's. They have been rebuked not only for looks but performance. In my opinion the 993 911 and TT are the pinnacle of 911 design and your taking the looks and the performance and ruining it. Its just a fact. You posted the pictures here you hold the responsibility for the responses. THERE IS NO reason for 19s on a 993 TT its almost sacrilege. You've got to take the criticism if you're gonna put these on the most classic 911 look ever. Do a search and see how many people like them. There are many people who thought the 997 TT wheel was ugly on the 997 thats just their opinion. Now you take the wheel and put it on a classic.
You're going to hear some snickering behind your back if you go to shows or knowledgeable car get togethers. I am just being honest and not doing it behind your back I am just stating fact and my opinion. The car looks best with 18s and lowered to ROW height.

NOW HAVING SAID ALL this dont take it so personal. If thats the look you like and youre happy with it just ignore me-YOUR opinion is all that should matter to you. I am just telling you-you've gone down a road not many people go down especially with THIS car one of the most respected cars in the world.
But at the end of the day you park your car in your driveway and walk away and look back at it over and over you can say SCREW that OLD GUY on Rennlist!!
Old 08-28-2007, 02:41 AM
X-Ray Sir
Track Day

He hates your new wheels
stating facts and opinions
OG is an ***
Old 08-28-2007, 03:23 AM
965 crazy
Advanced

looks awesome, love how low and wide it looks, well done
Old 08-28-2007, 04:13 AM
Scott 1996 993c2
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by X-Ray Sir
He hates your new wheels
stating facts and opinions
OG is an ***
Dude ... you have no clue ... you don't know Old Guy ... I do ... opinionated? maybe ... an ***? no.

Please think ... at least a bit ... before you type.

Scott
Old 08-28-2007, 10:44 AM
md11plt
Pro

Well, I am going with the *** thing with OG. Some guys just have to be negative and spew their crap where ever they go. I think Sebastian has one of the best looking TT's on the board and I personally think Supra’s wheels are spectacular. They look like updated Fuchs. Nice!

And here you go OG, I hate your car. Why do you have all those holes in it? Is that to cool the water?

MEAN PEOPLE SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is supposed to be a place where people can get friendly and informed help. OG’s comments do nothing in that vein. Supra didn’t ask for any info on race setup. In fact, he didn’t ask your opinion at all. He was showing his new wheels so the rest of us could see them. That’s it! And Sebastian was just replying to the original post. Why you have to pick on him is just unbelievable.

I wouldn’t **** on you if you were on fire. Please quit breathing our air. There are good people that may need it.

Tom
Old 08-28-2007, 11:22 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Tom now that was mean really why would you say that You wouldnt **** on me if I was on fire? THATS MEAN one way or the other.
THe point is this is a technical forum. Not Oprahs support group.com
When you post pics you are basically asking for opinions and I honestly gave mine. It does no good if we dont and this being a FREE country OPINIONS are cherished. The point is the 993 is a classic
These two guys are going out on a abstract direction with these wheels-they are taking a chance with their design ideas-Its like art some people like it some people dont. Its a fact you harm the handling with going over 18' wheels- so this is just a look thing. then you ask is it worth it ruining the handling on one of the greatest supercars ever, with a look thing. You risk criticism.
Now as for you if you want you can research my 4000 + posts and see how many are spewing negative chaff-probably less than .01% I pride myself on remaining positive. But this had to be said.
Your post was over the top childish and yes spewing negative crap all over the place really. You did exactly what you claimed I did-Your opinion of me has no technical content or value of any kind.
At least I kept my OPINION to the look of the car and I did NOT get personal.
So Tom Look in the mirror and you'll see exactly what you wrongly accused me of doing.
Your really a hypocrite. I hate to think your a real pilot if you behave this way with peoples lives in your hands.
I work with Naval and Marine aviators every day and they are professional enough to handle what amounts to
small criticisms without crying about it.
And as for my car I could care less what you think- If you have some technical criticism of it I welcome it. But given your tendency
to throw child like tantrums I doubt you know what a GT3 is.

Quick Reply: Pics my 993tt with new shoes