Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics my 993tt with new shoes

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 11:40 AM
md11plt
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, it's just my opinion. Don't get so worked up about it.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:47 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

Thats just your personal attack period. Exactly what you accused me of doing yet I didnt do what you did.
I gave an opinion on a technical subject I didnt say I wouldnt **** on them if they were on fire
thats just pure hatred really.
In fact I would try to help them all I could with whatever they need. They have some of the best cars in the world-They are just doing something different.
Go look in the mirror again.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:57 AM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 208 Likes on 134 Posts

I don't like the wheels either but he is right about posting and gwetting people's opinions. If you don't want to hear the bad don't post pix. If we all liked the same thing we would all have the same car with the same mods and the same wheels, etc. Everyone relax.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:57 AM
David_J
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is so wrong with 19" wheels for street use? No one should ever be approaching the limits of this car on the streets. I have 19" wheels and wouldn't hesitate to do another set. There are many lightweight wheel options available in 19". A lot weigh less than the stock 18s. My 19s ride just as good as my 18s do. I just had an autocross and had to switch back and forth. Could not tell the difference at all to tell you the truct.

If you run 19s for the street, just switch back to 18s for track use. You get the performance gains back that you may have lost on the street. That's what I do. Plus I could care less about messing up my stock wheels on the track.

I buy my cars to personalize them. There's no harm with someone changing the wheels to something they like. The night I bought mine, the stock wheels were off the car within 2 hours of having it home.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:00 PM
sfbanchs
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 52 Posts

Well, I am going with the *** thing with OG. Some guys just have to be negative and spew their crap where ever they go. I think Sebastian has one of the best looking TT's on the board and I personally think Supra’s wheels are spectacular. They look like updated Fuchs. Nice!

And here you go OG, I hate your car. Why do you have all those holes in it? Is that to cool the water?

MEAN PEOPLE SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is supposed to be a place where people can get friendly and informed help. OG’s comments do nothing in that vein. Supra didn’t ask for any info on race setup. In fact, he didn’t ask your opinion at all. He was showing his new wheels so the rest of us could see them. That’s it! And Sebastian was just replying to the original post. Why you have to pick on him is just unbelievable.

I wouldn’t **** on you if you were on fire. Please quit breathing our air. There are good people that may need it.
to you are the man
Old 08-28-2007, 12:18 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

David if you pay attention to the geometry and keep an eye on the suspension bits I guess nothing wrong with the 19's Ride quality is degraded and handling is degraded with 19's Like I said in the last post before the personal attacks started if you look back at your car when walking away then thats all that matters. They are your cars for personalization. and thats your right. Its that its a look thing only. Everyone knows that the degradations are a fact. there is no other reason to go to 19s but for looks. Some would say why buy a high performance car then degrade it? its like buying a Ferrari V12 then putting a GM V-6 in it.
But David your post is a mature question no problem asking and having a mature debate about it. Its just sad when people dont like what they hear and abandon facts and jump right in to name calling. Sad really

SFBANCHS I am really disappointed in your response-you have until now stayed away from being personal but now you have just agreed with one of the most immature childish personal attacks I have ever seen. Basically wishing me death because I dont like your wheels? I hope youre proud of your self.
Thats really disappointing. I am amazed at the lack of maturity here.
Typically the 993 TT guys are some of the most well balanced mature guys in the Porsche community.
Like I said if you dont want opinions on your stuff dont post the pics.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:43 PM
adsc4s
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Lighten up Paul! I mean, don't we personally know the owners of 3 highly modified 993tt's that are all running 19's? We know Old Fart is a blinger for sure!:rockon

IMO, 18s work best, 19 flat faced wheels like the RUF look best and Old Guy is not really old!
Old 08-28-2007, 12:56 PM
Topsupra
AutoX

In my opinion the 993 911 and TT are the pinnacle of 911 design and your taking the looks and the performance and ruining it. Its just a fact.

Im a bit confused is it your opinion or is just a fact?........First of all you are totally correct about the 18 inch wheels being better for over all performance, I cant argue that.......But as far as looks it is simply your opinion, so far other then yourself and may be one more rennlister....Everyone else seems to love the wheels, also as for daily driving, going, from 18 inch factory wheels to the 19 inch OZ wheels the ride quality is great and I am very happy with it and would recomend it "in my opinion"....I get many compliments about my 993....Also if you havent noticed Porsche is installing 19 inch wheels on there cars from factory, you should have issue with them and tell them how wrong they are, dispite the fact many people prefer bigger wheels, not all people but most, thats why you see manufactures going bigger....As for performance I agree for track bigger is not better, but again you entitled to you opinion on the looks part...So far majority of the people posting do like the look of the car as I do....Also your right I didnt expect everyone to like the look but you have posted your negative feelings about the car, so I would suggest move on to another post...Your right this is a technical forum but one should not get in a pissing contest on a technical forum based on you opinion....
Old 08-28-2007, 01:10 PM
X-Ray Sir
Track Day

OG, wheel ****,
begs for you to **** on him.
Line forms behind me!
Old 08-28-2007, 01:19 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by X-Ray Sir
OG, wheel ****,
begs for you to **** on him.
Line forms behind me!

Off topic. Has anyone ever approached Myth Busters to see if pissing on someone while they are on fire actually works?
Old 08-28-2007, 01:47 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Greg Myth busters wants to come out here where we work (blowing stuff up for the navy) we are having problems with clearances though- but if they come out I can ask em.

Addison Your right I forgot about our Ruf boys but the RUFs have their own supsension setup

Xray I am so impressed by the intellectual content of your posts. When do you finsh your doctorate?
at leaping lizards preschool. funny you have well over 15 posts- I wonder what your other screen name is. such cowardice

Supra I have noticed that I have 19s on MY car- I have also noted here that track guys are back fitting them to 18s they handle better that way. The 19s push on the track.Also the new cars were DESIGNED for 19's the 993 was Not- in fact the regular carrera came with 17s
and even some with 16's
And I would have moved on if not for the personal attacks. And youre correct just my opinion.
And just on the looks.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:56 PM
adsc4s
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Pissing matches, rude, personal attacks were the reasons many of the old guard left Rennlist. Let's not have a repeat.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:58 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

You know what this was my fault for leaving the insulated world of the GT cars. I remember the 993 world so fondly and the 993 TT world even more fondly. I remember people asking for help and for opinions-It used to be about perfomrance and handling and its changed. I'll let the 993 TT world go back to its 3 posts a day.

Last edited by OldGuy; 08-28-2007 at 02:42 PM.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:58 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

I know oldguy personally and like him, but he and I often disagree on various topics. Let me add a couple of factoids related to 19" wheels:
1. The suspension design could care less about the size wheel you have. It cares about weight and overall diameter... nothing else counts.
2. To acheive the same overall diameter with 19" as you had with 18", you will be running a smaller aspect ratio. This has some downsides and some upsides. Ride quality will be degraded. Turn-in will be enhanced.
3. Some 19" wheels are as light/lighter than the equivelent 18". You get to pay dearly for that.
4. Tires are more expensive in 19" that 18" Ask me how I know.
5. There are more tire choices in 18". Even more in 17".
6. Some of us have such monster brakes that 18" wheels are no longer an option. Sure... its all cosmetic, but its my car, and that's my choice.
7. And lastly... my Ruf with 19" wheels handles WAY better than Waldo ever did with 18" wheels and Pss-9s. Lots of factors are at work here... Ruf suspension, better tires. I dunno. But hawt damn... Rufus sticks WAY better than Waldo.

Peace. Really. Everyone take a breath and please think about what you type.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:54 AM
Condor Man
Three Wheelin'

Received 299 Likes on 121 Posts

I'll let the 993 TT world go back to its 3 posts a day.[/QUOTE]

Ouccchhh!!

Quick Reply: Pics my 993tt with new shoes