Sponsored by:

slate gray turbo in RL classifieds

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 02:16 AM
daddyscar
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by jimhsu
I did like the silver TT quite a bit. It is pretty stock, but then that's appealing too. Seems pretty solid the 10-15 minutes I drove it around. The price....everything is negotiable. They have had it for a while now, though, so I don't expect it will be gone soon and I expect they can come down on the price if you get serious.
Thanks again.
Old 08-05-2007, 04:43 AM
jimhsu
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

daddyscar,

they just got a speed yellow/black 993 C4S. Looks fantastic, if you are into yellow (or at least can see yourself living with it).

http://www.parkplaceltd.com/vehicle....rent=1&size=50
Old 08-05-2007, 10:47 AM
daddyscar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jimhsu
daddyscar,

they just got a speed yellow/black 993 C4S. Looks fantastic, if you are into yellow (or at least can see yourself living with it).

http://www.parkplaceltd.com/vehicle....rent=1&size=50
I saw that. I like speed yellow too but I have to remind myself to focus on the turbo. I will always want one. There's a low mileage 98 C2S for about the same list price at Cars Dawydiak along with a zenith blue Turbo.

http://www.carsauto.com/detail.cfm?ID=243096
Old 08-07-2007, 12:29 AM
24FPS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

really great color for a tt. seems to be a very reasonable price too if the ad is true. anyone deal w/ auto kennel before? seem to have nice pcars from time to time...
Old 08-07-2007, 03:24 AM
palladio
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 13 Posts

Dawiydiak has some sweet cars no doubt. I love that 98 C2S in Ocean Blue over Boxster Red! It would be awfully tempting, but damn if $69K doesn't seem high for that car. I suppose there aren't that many with such low mileage, and it is a rare color combo. Still, we're talking nearly MSRP sticker for a car that is ten years old. If it sells for anywhere near that, this must bode well for all of us in terms of value retention. I bought a nice 97 C2 (though not an S) in Ocean Blue/Cashmere for only $31K in May. I can't really fathom buying a similar car (albeit with much lower mileage and the "S factor") for double that.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:23 AM
daddyscar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by palladio
Dawiydiak has some sweet cars no doubt. I love that 98 C2S in Ocean Blue over Boxster Red! It would be awfully tempting, but damn if $69K doesn't seem high for that car. I suppose there aren't that many with such low mileage, and it is a rare color combo. Still, we're talking nearly MSRP sticker for a car that is ten years old. If it sells for anywhere near that, this must bode well for all of us in terms of value retention. I bought a nice 97 C2 (though not an S) in Ocean Blue/Cashmere for only $31K in May. I can't really fathom buying a similar car (albeit with much lower mileage and the "S factor") for double that.
I finally memorized how to spell Dawydiak correctly. I drive by the dealer often and pray for red lights each time. I signed up for carfax tonight and ran reports on the zenith blue TT, red C2S, and ocean blue C2S. I was surprised that the ocean blue C26 has had 4 previous owners. The other two had 3 po's. From the location history on the red C2S it looks like it spent most of it's time in my neighborhood. In fact it could be owned by a Porsche salesman I often saw dropping his kid off at a neighboring school my kids go to.

Last night my wife threw an idea out of just getting rid of the commuter car (2007 civic hybrid) and just driving a sports/sporty car daily. First I thought of getting a new 335i convertible or e46m3 convertible with solid warranties. But maybe C2S with about 50k miles could be fun and just budget for repairs. As fun as it may be though I still enjoy driving my civic and not worrying about the abuse cars take in city traffic. Fun decisions to make regardless!

Quick Reply: slate gray turbo in RL classifieds