Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interior Carbon Fiber Pieces?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 02:53 AM
Jussi
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have also installed these Cobra Misano seats to my car.
Remember that there are many Misano models. If you want fully leather version, it is called Misano LUX. You can also get it with any logo you want - my seats have Porsche text instead of Cobra.
You can find their reseller from
http://www.cobraseats.com/
And yes, they are fully manual.

But "911 suitable" runners were totally crab!!!
I modified them totally - it took 6 hours to get one seat installed..
Also quality wasn't very good - I can complain a lot from them.. but not here.. I did it already to Cobra. They were very sorry when they saw my installation pictures..
But they were also very nice because they promised to change one seat's back part because that logo was a little wrongly aligned. I got also many freebies for that runners modify job - like 4 point harnesses free..
So both + and - for Cobra Misanos

Last edited by Jussi; 06-20-2007 at 03:37 AM.
Old 06-20-2007, 05:32 AM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by vrus
Toby,

Those are beautiful!!!! Ok.. question now is:

1) Where is the best place to buy them what parts have to be purchased to make them install (tracks, etc?)..
2) Are they fully manual? Or do they have power assist movement?

Thanks!! I think I am leaning towards a pair of these.. They look like they will go nicely with the rest of the CF interior I have planned.
There is no doubt the carbon backs do go well if one goes for full carbon interior and the shiny detail on the sides is pretty.
As js says the fitting is a PIA, it took my shop a while, stock runners were cr&p and new Recaro units had to be purchased. There is no clearance at the sides, they are a very tight fit.
My personal favourites are the Recaro A8s but possibly because I used to lust after them when they first appeared in tuner cars - I guess they weigh the same as the Koenigs, the A8 seat apparently weighs 17kg and the runners probably ~5kg so a ~10kg increase for a pair compared to Misanos -hardly enough to get worried about ?
Old 06-20-2007, 06:10 AM
Jussi
Pro

I sent instructions and pictures to Cobra how to make working runners for 993TT. And I also asked modifications for those "side adjustment screws" as TB said there aren't much side clearances with current ones..
- maybe you'll get these upgraded versions if you buy those seats
Old 06-20-2007, 11:17 AM
vrus
Racer

Thanks for the input guys.. I really like the look of the seat, but I was hoping for a more plug & play solution.

My previous choice for aftermarket seat was Recaro Sport Topline... I am going to contact Cobra and see what they say about fitment..
Old 06-20-2007, 12:13 PM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by vrus
Thanks for the input guys.. I really like the look of the seat, but I was hoping for a more plug & play solution.

My previous choice for aftermarket seat was Recaro Sport Topline... I am going to contact Cobra and see what they say about fitment..
Cobra didn't have a clue about Porsche fitment when I bought mine. It sounds like js has educated them somewhat - he can probably give you much more advice than the manufacturer !
Old 06-23-2007, 10:29 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Here are some pics of Marcus' parts, in my car.
https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/331934-pics-of-interior-transformation-leather-dash-etc.html
Old 06-24-2007, 05:50 AM
Stummel
Pro

more Carbon Marcus Magic:

http://www.elferteam.de/Forums/index...opic=17817&hl=

(maybe you need to be registered to see pix)
Old 06-24-2007, 12:27 PM
vrus
Racer

Beautiful pics!!

I ordered the complete interior carbon fiber kit from Marcus. My car that is arriving already has a carbon/aluminum shifter & handbrake so I was 2 peices ahead.. LOL..

Marcus sent me back a total already.. Just waiting for confirmation that it includes the 2 door panel inserts and the deal should be done..

To complete the interior part of the makeover, now I need a nice thick steering wheel, a set of aluminum pedals, a nice set of seats, the center armrest, and the phone console.... I already snagged a set of rear-seat deletes from someone..
Old 06-26-2007, 11:46 AM
vrus
Racer

Now the LONG 10 day wait occurs until Marcus can finish building my pieces.. Cant wait!!!

If you are reading this, THANKS MARCUS!! Look forward to getting them.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:58 PM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

vrus -A little pic to whet your appetite (some more)
Old 06-26-2007, 01:54 PM
vrus
Racer

Great... Thanks Toby... Now I got drool all over my keyboard again.... LOL.

I am still trying to find the 4 spoke stock wheel in thicker format with carbon & leather.. Seems like everyone is selling the 3 spoke these days... Something just like the one you have but thicker grips.. Didn't Techart make one??

Anyways.. Thanks for the pics! It will tide me over until the real thing arrives..

Originally Posted by TB993tt
vrus -A little pic to whet your appetite (some more)

Quick Reply: Interior Carbon Fiber Pieces?