Sponsored by:

Help! Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 09:03 PM
Tricone
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Help! Suggestions?

Recently, I decided to swap my OEM tail to that of a Turbo S. After receiving a recommendation for a reputable Porsche-centric body shop from my local wrench, I had the swap and paintwork performed. Unfortunately, it was obvious that the painted tail did not match the rest of the body. The body shop did offer to repaint, but suggested that I wait to bring the car in when it was sunnier, stating that it was easier to match the paint. Months later, I went ahead and had the body shop try again.

Well, I'm still not happy with the color match, but . . . after receiving the car, I noticed that (1) the ABS brake warning light was lit; (2) the car stereo no longer powered on; and (3) the speedometer and odometer no longer functioned! WTF! I made the mistake of picking the car up right at closing time Friday.

Could anyone suggest any causes to why this may have happened. (Something as simple as a fuse perhaps?) Everything was functioning correctly when I turned the car in. I would think that removing the tail for repaint wouldn't present any scenarios with such an outcome. I'd appreciate any insight before I call the body shop next week.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:03 AM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 521 Likes on 390 Posts

maybe they disconnected the battery. just a guess that that may have reset the radio and screwed the abs...the speedo..I don't know if it is electronic or cable, but if electronic maybe the battery disconnedt screwed it up. do you have obd2 reader?

Quick Reply: Help! Suggestions?