Sponsored by:

Is that too big and ugly..

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007 | 06:41 AM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by vrus
I bought one of these which I am hoping to custom mount somewhere on the dash.. Havent figured out the best spot yet:

Hi vrus
how's it going ?

I have one of these Dakota Digital boost gauges and I'm afraid to say they are completely useless, the response is just too slow and does not keep up with acual boost - I still have mine connected, in a small console in the middle but I never bother looking at it.
Old 06-17-2007 | 10:18 AM
vrus
Racer

I was keeping busy with my W211 E55 buildup this past year. I've been getting the itch for another 993TT for a while and last week I found another project car which I bought. I am just waiting for its arrival so I can start the buildup.

Damn... The Dakota gauges dont respond well?? I asked the guy on the phone at least 2 times if it is accurate and quick enough and he assured me it was. Lovely.. More stuff to throw on eBay...

Thanks for the input.. You saved me having to install it and rip it back out...

My new 993TT looks pretty much like my last one.. Here is a quick pic:

Originally Posted by TB993tt
Hi vrus
how's it going ?

I have one of these Dakota Digital boost gauges and I'm afraid to say they are completely useless, the response is just too slow and does not keep up with acual boost - I still have mine connected, in a small console in the middle but I never bother looking at it.
Old 06-17-2007 | 12:14 PM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by vrus
Damn... The Dakota gauges dont respond well?? I asked the guy on the phone at least 2 times if it is accurate and quick enough and he assured me it was. .
That is pretty disingenuos of them since I made a bit of an issue with them about the fact it was too slow responding to be of any real use. I tried to get them to get hold of a quicker sender/sensor but they didn't want to know....

This was maybe 6 years ago so maybe they just forgot

New tt looks great

Quick Reply: Is that too big and ugly..