Sponsored by:

Upgraded TT just arrived....

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 10:21 PM
ufo-911
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Simon,

"****ter", we'll see about that, organise something soon brother as I'm losing my right to drive soon :-)
Old 04-18-2007, 05:48 PM
Abman
Intermediate

Hey Simon,

Haven't forgotten about the pics...will get some done this w'kend all going well and try and get them to you.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:13 PM
Abman
Intermediate

PS.......forgot to ask you Simon whether your 'flamethrower' is stock standard or heavily modded.

If modded, then what was done and by whom.

Tell us a bit about your car...year and anything that you have had done to it.

You probably have posted to all and sundry on this site numerous times as to what you have had done to your TT , but being an absolute newbie here, I'm not exactly up to speed on the low-down regard anyone and their cars on this site.

Would love to know.

Rob

Last edited by Abman; 04-18-2007 at 07:27 PM. Reason: wording was wrong
Old 04-19-2007, 10:15 AM
hiflexaust
Rennlist Member

Guys,
Im in.....but "in what" is the question! Simon, you're right I do like a drive.....just got to Perth today after 4358km "drive"! Didnt take the TT...drove the X5 instead.....8.1km/ltr average out of 2.9 diesel turbo! The torque, oh sweet Jesus, the torque! Will be here for a couple of weeks and TT is due to go back with PR Tech for some more of their magic wand stuff for a couple of weeks. I want it ready for the next Track day with the club. Anyway, lets get that meeting organised and have some fun. UFO..nice car and dont take that "****ter" thing too seriously, it still has the right badge. Rob show us the car....we love wondering who has the biggest or is it fastest? Dont you guys forget me whilst I am over here.....I will be back!
Rgds
Grant
Old 04-19-2007, 10:43 PM
Full Boost
Why do I feel so left out!
Rennlist Member

Received 427 Likes on 204 Posts

George - you know we will bruddah - See you tomorrow?

Rob - Car is standard - well sort of - a few goodies in suspension and other bits 'n' pieces but stock turbos etc.... you'll see it when we meet up!!

Grant - George and I have been mates for over 10years - he doesnt take ANYTHING I say seriously - and his car is WAAY WAAY fast.... like 700HP fast not sure why but he isnt happy with it and is going to go with a full PROTO set up..... and whats with driving to f'n Perth? You can have that mate - I tell ya!

I just got ANOTHER set of wheels (i think 5 sets now) for track use - and am going to sell the black ones when i get around to it - so will have to get to PR to get some tyres swapped over and taken down to Wakefiled Park... but I think I have a Track Day @ the Creek before then when you back?

Simon.
Old 04-20-2007, 01:30 AM
Abman
Intermediate

Grant, it's no use shaking it around in the wind to see who has the biggest, damn, I meant the fastest.

It's a bit like golf really.........you smack an unbelievable one down the fairway, stand back feeling mighty good about it, then the next guy steps up and Whaaaaaaam....tosses past your one by 30metres.

Can never win mate !!

But shyte....it's lotsa fun trying I guess.
Old 04-21-2007, 03:02 AM
hiflexaust
Rennlist Member

Rob - Never ever approach anything thinking you cant win.......my moto: Shake it in the breeze as much as you can.....now Im going to figure out what my moto means......I love a challenge!

George - 700hp.....you dont have to take anything I say seriously either.....but you sound like a heap of fun......700hp.....hell man, you dont even have to listen to me.....Im coming home now so we can go drive somewhere

Simon - I have driven to Perth 8.5 times now and each time I swore I wouldnt do it again! I have the X5 set up as a mobile office and I am away for an extended trip this time on the mines over here so needed to bring the office with me. I will fly home every fortnite or so to drive the TT and also see my wife. (note to self....get that in the reverse order when talking to wife). She flies over every other week and we go to Broome or Broome or Margy River or similar. (Note to self.....can I fly TT over every other week and not go home?) Having said all that, I wont do it again! Im on the wheels thing.....pm'd you and you replied so we will work something out there.

I'm trusting you guys to get a drive organised. Simon, If we left Syd on a Friday we could cruise up the New Englnd and turn off that highway that goes from Walcha to the coast and then home by Sunday lunch.......well, we wouldnt get home until we had discussed the drive over a beer at the marina at Akuna Bay, but we would eventually get home!
See you guys soon
Grant
Old 04-21-2007, 03:53 AM
hiflexaust
Rennlist Member

Default I Love a drive!

Guys......coupla pics from my current "drive"!
Rgds
Grant
Attached Images   
Old 04-21-2007, 04:58 AM
turbo 3.6
Racer

I bet you wish your Wife was that dirty!!! ;-)
Old 04-21-2007, 10:52 AM
hiflexaust
Rennlist Member

Hey Clint!

Im one of the lucky ones........she is that dirty! And.....she's a Kiwi as well!
Grant
Old 04-23-2007, 07:20 PM
pezza
Racer

Originally Posted by jaques
hi guys im also in sydney,owning a 1997 c4s ,looking on the outside on what you guys are doing with your tts and thinking is it worth pushing my marriage joining the group?

I sold my C4S approx 5 months ago and replaced it with a TT, fitted with the 430hp factory upgrade....the 4S was and still is a great car....the TT is however an awesome car, the levels of performance are in a different league....

Don't risk your marriage.....but you have got to get one!
Old 04-24-2007, 08:43 PM
Full Boost
Why do I feel so left out!
Rennlist Member

Received 427 Likes on 204 Posts

Hey Robbo,

I started a new thread for you with pics of your car!

Enjoy,

Simon.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:48 PM
Abman
Intermediate

Yeah........thanks for doing that Simon.

Enjoying my new machine...purring like the proverbial.

Quick Reply: Upgraded TT just arrived....