Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 01:45 AM
Full Boost
Why do I feel so left out!
Rennlist Member

Received 427 Likes on 204 Posts

Robert,

Fitzgerald Racing right?

Sounds like Fitzy did the right thing by you .... sure glad I wasnt paying his bill though.... Never knew he had much experience with TT's though?

Tracking it wont hurt that car of yours - not one bit - will actually be good for it.

PCNSW does a whole lot of other stuff - other than track and competition days - and then there are the invitation only ones at the Creek - PM if you want some details....

The track is the ONLY place ytou are really going to get to enjoy it !

If you want me to post pics - send them to me at simon@investig8.com.au and I will post them for you!

Best,

SImon.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:32 AM
kennyboy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Abman
Jesus you guys....you are bustin my ***** !

It was flywheel HP..............don't have a scanner and not all that conversant with putting pics on a computer.

But you are welcome to fly down and take the car for a run if that would satisfy...or convince !
ha ha nice one Abman - don't worry man she sounds like a flyer, enjoy.

oh before I forget - I arrive in Sydney on Sunday 3pm from London, can you arrange for the car to be at the airport?
Old 04-13-2007, 11:05 AM
Rassel
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Abman
iborroel...I cannot answer the tech side as I am not that conversant with it, but I have noticed that modified Garrett K16s "utilise a billet wheel, custom backplate along with modified wastegate and is capable of flowing 600hp.
These turbos spool faster yet create as much if not more flow than the K24s"

This was from a tech web page...sorry I cannot answer fully, but that is all I know.
Hi Robert,

Nice to hear that you're happy with your "upgraded" toy there!
I don't think anyone here is interested in busting you *****, rather to get to know the technical side of what has been done to your car.

Have fun with the black beast!
Old 04-14-2007, 10:02 AM
hiflexaust
Rennlist Member

Hey Rob,
Another Sydney sider here..........I am also a PCNSW member and if I remember correctly, I was the last victim of Simon's flame throwing antics as I followed him into turn 1 at Oran Park South. Nice! Anyway, well done with your TT.....welcome to this very exclusive group. I am still pretty new here but trust me, these guys wont bust your *****....they really know their ****! Anyway, if you contact Simon and arrange a meet....DO NOT do it without me......welcome and good luck!
Grant
Old 04-14-2007, 11:15 AM
WHB Porsche
I'm Still Jenny
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep, the questions were not based upon disbelief. It just sounds like you've had great results and people would love to know more about it.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:58 AM
jaques
Track Day

hi guys im also in sydney,owning a 1997 c4s ,looking on the outside on what you guys are doing with your tts and thinking is it worth pushing my marriage joining the group?
Old 04-15-2007, 05:02 PM
kennyboy
Instructor

Jaques - yeah do it, tell her it's the ultimate so there's nowhere to go after a TT, she'll believe it's the LAST time you buy another Porsche.

I had 3 993 carrera's before the TT - I miss them but would never go back.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:03 PM
Abman
Intermediate

Hey, Simon, Magnus and Grant...........thanks for your thoughts and mail.....will definetly send some pics and Simon I will get in, touch.....just slow to get round to some of these matters at times.

Took a mate for a spin over the weekend exploring some of the red line......he was blown away ...admittedly he was not a race driver or fellow TT owner, but ordinarily not a person of many words ,until having experienced the rush of the TTs.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:49 AM
ProtoCab
Racer

Fitzy must have used a pair of K16/24 hybrids?!? They should be able to flow in the vicinity of 525-550HP. For 600HP capability, you'd need to go with full blown K24's I would think, at the expense of responsiveness. The K24's are quite laggy in comparison to the K16/24's I've heard.

Stock K16's would get you to around 480HP... K16/24's would yield around 525-550HP and full K24's would get around 600HP.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:04 AM
Full Boost
Rennlist Member

Jacques,

DO IT!!! You will not regret it. If you need help - i know of a few nice ones around - in particular one that was owend by Jim Richards.... in white - NIIIICE car.

Grant - good to see you still around mate - sorry - didnt mean to burn your front bar whilst i was flyin by...

Merv - Does Fitzy have access to this type of stuff? I know he is doing some 996 stuff - but didnt know he was doing hybrid stuff?

Robert - Not bustin your ***** mate - just lookin to see how much more I have to do to stay in front if you go on the track... There a few of us that get aound at times - a trip up the old road early is always a great start to the day...

best,

SImon.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:27 AM
ProtoCab
Racer

Originally Posted by Boost Crazy
Merv - Does Fitzy have access to this type of stuff? I know he is doing some 996 stuff - but didnt know he was doing hybrid stuff?
Simon, I really don't know what Fitzy's got access to. I think he's a FVD distributor, so I assume he gets his aftermarket stuff from them. FVD aren't the cheapest either, so expect to pay drop some serious cash there alone

However, the K16/24 hybrids are simply a K16 wth a K24 compressor wheel/housing. This provides the low end response of the K16's, whilst increasing the flow capacity to near a K24s capability. Of course, the smaller turbine housing would limit/choke HP somewhat, but the responsiveness would be maintained.

Personally, I'd prefer to have 550 quick spooling HP over 600 laggy HP, especially when it comes to streetability
Old 04-16-2007, 02:56 AM
Full Boost
Rennlist Member

Merv,

I sure hear ya - but just wondering - I'm sure he touts it as his stuff and then makes the HP claims like 650 @ the wheels from K16's. There's horsepower - and then REAL horsepower!!

I was curious because I was wondering if Kevin (UMW) was shipping stuff to him or where he was getting it from - if it is FVD - then all the best to him too! Like i said - i have heard is doing some 996TT stuff (!) but didn't know he was/is doing 993's... live and learn - not that it matters to me.

BTW - cant wait to meet Robert and feel/see the job he has done....

Best,

SImon.

Last edited by Full Boost; 04-16-2007 at 03:41 AM.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:08 AM
ProtoCab
Racer

It would take a hell of a lot of boost to get K16's to flow anywhere near 600HP and even then, they would simply turn into heat pumps and would be WAY out of their efficiency range. For that kind of power, you'd really need K24's, or some aftermarket Garrett T3 Super 60's on there.

A pair of GT28R's would also be nice, giving awesome spool and great top end in excess of 600HP

Any of you guys down here in Melbourne?
Old 04-16-2007, 03:55 AM
ufo-911
Intermediate

Simon and Gang,

Count me in for a meet up or a drive, I promise I'll behave, the set-up you have is probably FVD if Fitzy did the work, whichever or however you did it, just enjoy it and learn the new power you have before you push the limits.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:55 AM
Full Boost
Rennlist Member

George,

You are there anyway - right? If we go for a ride we want your water cooled ****ter keeping us honest now dont we???

No worries mate - we havent seen any pics of Robbos car yet - Grant is in for a drive - we can always invite Jacques too and Geoff? - WOW a 993TT Rennlist gathering? who would've thought?????

Best,

Simon.

Quick Reply: Upgraded TT just arrived....