Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PSS9 install under way

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007 | 11:38 AM
md11plt
Pro

Default PSS9 install under way

First of all, a BIG WET KISS RIGHT ON THE MOUTH to Viper Bob. ALWAYS answers the phone, and when he doesn’t, he calls right back. He has answered all my stupid questions, most of which have nothing to do with the install. He is absolutely one of the nicest people I have never met . I would also like to give props to Jeff (In The Air). The DIY he posted has been invaluable. It’s not just the generic “take this off-put this on” kind of thing. It’s more like “take this wrench and this socket and crawl under the car and put the wrench here and the socket here and turn it this way” kind of thing. It has made this truly a no-brainer .

There have been issues though. Like the left header (after market) that had to come off of the car to get one of the suspension bolts out. Some (most) of the fasteners had a pretty good coating of rust on them. They did all come off, but I needed to order new studs and seals and the thought of getting the headers back on has kept me up at night (zero room).

Overall, this has been a blast so far. I’m about six hours into it and am just ready to put in my first shock. It would be going faster if not for the header issue and me checking everything three or four times and having to constantly get on the phone and order more stuff. If any of you are contemplating this DIY, I say definitely go for it (except maybe the guy who had trouble with the shift **** [no offense]). I am falling in love with my car all over again!

Tom
Attached Images  
Old 02-23-2007 | 03:34 PM
Acropora
Burning Brakes

Hats off to you tackling that. After taking 5 or 6 evenings to put new turbos on my car I swore to never do real work on it again.
Old 02-24-2007 | 05:26 PM
911/Q45
Addict
Rennlist Member

I think I see your problem, Doritos but no beer!
Old 02-24-2007 | 11:18 PM
Scott 1996 993c2
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by 911/Q45
I think I see your problem, Doritos but no beer!

Good luck with this ... hope all goes well.

Scott

Quick Reply: PSS9 install under way