Sponsored by:

OT: Legal question

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 09:13 PM
cesar
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OT: Legal question

So I'm 2 feet away from a Jeep after coming to a stop due to traffic. All of a sudden, the women gets out of the Jeep looks at me and proceeds to look at her bumper and back at me. I stay put, nothing happened.

She gets back in the car, we continue to crawl through traffic and I see her getting a pen and writing something down.

Should I be worried? Can she actually try to do something? Should I go to the police and just have something in writing as to what happened?

As I type this, I'm thinking there's nothing to worry about, nothing happened and my car is fine, she must have thought I hit her, eventhough I'm 2 feet away. She could have written anything down. She did make it obvious that I see her writing something.

Weird.....
Old 01-10-2007, 09:20 PM
PTurbo965
Team Owner

Received 1,654 Likes on 1,060 Posts

If the police do come by your house and there is no damage to your car, then you are in the clear.
Old 01-11-2007, 06:47 AM
kennyboy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nothing to worry about, nothing happened!?

She's just p*ssed off as she thought you went really close to her and (maybe) coz you're in a lovely Porsche.

Making it obvious she's writing something just backs it up - trying to annoy you.
Old 01-11-2007, 07:38 AM
speednme
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

she was just probably trying to get a look at who was driving the Porsche..
Old 01-11-2007, 12:54 PM
911/Q45
Addict
Rennlist Member

What an ( ! ) hole. I've just been dying to use that emoticon!
Old 01-11-2007, 03:01 PM
last toy
Burning Brakes

without a police report at the scene, or credible witness, or marks of her car paint on your bumper it's not a claim. It would be her word against yours and inimisable in court under the new litigation rules. It's up to court judges to review all dispositions to determine the legitimacy of a court claim. Lawyers can be disbarred for pushing claims with no substance. But be aware that there are lawyers that will try to intimidate people by trying to scam them with a threatening letter, thinking a letter from a lawyer will result in easy money. If you get such a letter, send it the your state bar association with your explannation and copy the lawyer and then see who is intimidated.
Old 01-11-2007, 07:39 PM
cesar
Racer

Originally Posted by last toy
without a police report at the scene, or credible witness, or marks of her car paint on your bumper it's not a claim. It would be her word against yours and inimisable in court under the new litigation rules. It's up to court judges to review all dispositions to determine the legitimacy of a court claim. Lawyers can be disbarred for pushing claims with no substance. But be aware that there are lawyers that will try to intimidate people by trying to scam them with a threatening letter, thinking a letter from a lawyer will result in easy money. If you get such a letter, send it the your state bar association with your explannation and copy the lawyer and then see who is intimidated.
Thanks for the heads up!

Gotta love this place!
Old 01-11-2007, 08:20 PM
hal m
Rennlist Member

She probably thought you and the car were really hot and she was hoping you would ask her out on a date and take driving in your car. So you may be getting a call from her soon!
Old 01-11-2007, 08:48 PM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

Originally Posted by hal m
She probably thought you and the car were really hot and she was hoping you would ask her out on a date and take driving in your car. So you may be getting a call from her soon!

So was she good looking?
Old 01-12-2007, 04:18 PM
JJayB
Burning Brakes

Unless its Tony Sopranos sister, I wouldn't worry.

Quick Reply: OT: Legal question