Notices
993 Turbo Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WHATS most cost effective way to increase HP?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 12:00 AM
S4-on-your-back-door
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHATS most cost effective way to increase HP?

Talked to TPC today about their kits. Was told that for around $14,000.00 I can get about 330-340 rwhp. So thats about $2000.00 per little horse. Not that I dont have the money to do this install but isnt there a more cost effective way to reach the same out come? Ive Already SC my v8 928 for under $4000 and that was with a custom IC made by BELL LABS. Im sure there are other people out there that have build there own kits (turbos) that preform well. My problem is that Im not familiar enough with the 993 (own my 95 for 4 days now) to really know what Im doing but I am mechanically savey as to be able to follow someones parts list and install them. I was thinking about a twin turbo system as I can buy the exauste system and turbos. Intake plumming can be made and from reading it sounds like 6psi ic cooled will be ok. ICU I have no idea how or who came program it for fuel and timing. Any positive input would be welcome and any nay sayers plse keep comments to yourselves THKS
Old 12-13-2006, 12:10 AM
Woodster
Drifting

Thumbs up 993 NA mods...

Are you inquiring about a "do it yourself project" where you design and fabricate everything or
do it yourselfer in terms of purchasing the parts and doing light fabrication and all install yourself ?,
how much we paid (retail) for horsepower? or who to talk to
about ECU programming?
If you have a 993 and want to keep HP upgrade "simpler" I would suggest a supercharger
kit (I believe TPC has them).

If you want ***** out performance then see picture below:
there are a couple of folks out there that may be able to help you,
As far as doing your own ECU programming, ahhh NO.
Attached Images  
Old 12-13-2006, 12:26 AM
S4-on-your-back-door
Pro

now that looks SWEEEETT, I can do that, is this all custom fab (builted all by you) or is some of the exsauste work purchased? have anymore pics? and how much did It cost to have that done? Also whats the hp to the ground?
Old 12-13-2006, 12:31 AM
S4-on-your-back-door
Pro

HELL Ill send you my car lol. how much will it cost me? @#$% I cant even type or spell now lol. Let me wipe the drool off my face
Old 12-13-2006, 09:09 AM
Ima2nr
Instructor

that is a custom set up--- it would be cheeper to buy a stock 993tt than to build that beast! (it is sweet though)

it seems your budget is approx 4-6k (seeing as how 14k didn't excite you)

there was a guy from this list recently that had a turbo 993 fully modded, caged,all suspension, rs interior, the works! -- upgraded turbo's, ecu wheels, etc. he was looking to sell the entire thing for 50k o.bo. (this car was set up for the track, but it was still street legal.

pull the stickers off of it, and drive it like hell!

(for lees than the price of two fancy coffees a day)!

I would have bought it just for the parts... but my wife says no.

Old 12-13-2006, 11:44 AM
Woodster
Drifting

that car is 1500 miles from me, but I am familiar with pouring $20K of mods into
a 993TT (becuase I did it not long ago!).

good luck!

MK
Old 12-13-2006, 01:03 PM
tonytrini
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by S4-on-your-back-door
Talked to TPC today about their kits. Was told that for around $14,000.00 I can get about 330-340 rwhp. So thats about $2000.00 per little horse. Not that I dont have the money to do this install but isnt there a more cost effective way to reach the same out come? Ive Already SC my v8 928 for under $4000 and that was with a custom IC made by BELL LABS. Im sure there are other people out there that have build there own kits (turbos) that preform well. My problem is that Im not familiar enough with the 993 (own my 95 for 4 days now) to really know what Im doing but I am mechanically savey as to be able to follow someones parts list and install them. I was thinking about a twin turbo system as I can buy the exauste system and turbos. Intake plumming can be made and from reading it sounds like 6psi ic cooled will be ok. ICU I have no idea how or who came program it for fuel and timing. Any positive input would be welcome and any nay sayers plse keep comments to yourselves THKS
Put this on the dorki board and you'll have a bunch of folk ready to drop your engine and take pics.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:25 PM
Rassel
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by S4-on-your-back-door
Sell your current 993 and get a 993TT. By far the most financial (and probably the best) upgrade you can do..
Old 12-13-2006, 01:27 PM
Alon
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I second that. Amen...

Originally Posted by Rassel
Sell your current 993 and get a 993TT. By far the most financial (and probably the best) upgrade you can do..

Quick Reply: WHATS most cost effective way to increase HP?