Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

State after Jimmy again

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006 | 12:52 AM
JJayB
Burning Brakes

Default State after Jimmy again

Jimmy has just been notified by the Department of Motor Vehicles that Blackie is a GROSS POLLUTER! This is a legal term and worse than being a Raider fan or bribing a judge. This can only be a coincidence since the state lost their case in another unrelated matter posted on rennlist. We're researching our rights in a civil action against the state for defamation of Blackie, which may even have civil rights implications because Blackie is black.

It seems that Kalifornya has determined that 993tt have a "High Emitter Profile"
Here's what that means: You have to take your car to a inspection station that is a "TEST ONLY" that is linked with the state of Kalifornya Cray supercomputer. It seems some rennlisters have participated in a time honored american tradition of hot rodding your cars. Yes, applying more fuel, timing and boost into our motors. Most of our tunners have figured out how to keep the emissions within the range until now.
It is no longer good enough just to pass the tail pipe sniffer, but the test links the OBD2 port to the states computer to see if there is any fault codes taht exist. Humm, bummer. The ECU must show enough stored drive cycles or you fail. My prediction is most of the 500 hp plus cars will fail.
Some of the ECU's that have aggressive mapping will not hold enough code to satisfy big brother; becasue of the increased idle speed will erase the drive cycle. How much did the state spend to find this out. I'm sure it was funded by Prius owner who smuggly use the car pool lane with one person.
I'm posting this as a public service to prove that traffic school did rehabilitate me. Meanwhile, I have been stockpiling the stock 993tt ecu's that nobody wanted and will shortly be listing these on ebay for $500 each.
Oh, and those enviornmentialy friendly Prius's, you'll be able to drop off thier 500lb battery in the nearest land fill in 3 yrs.
Old 11-30-2006 | 01:05 AM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

J.T.F.,

Waldo was also nabbed as a gross polluter, and had to visit the "test-only" station. The attendent wanted to put it on his rear wheel dyno. I said fine, but that will cost you about $3000 for a new viscous coupler. He did a visual, which was an obvious joke to both of us, and he just did the test in neutral. Waldo passed with flying colors. My guess was that someone was annoyed with some aggressive driving manuever, and reported the car to the smog ***** just to be nasty. I hope they are not targeting ALL 993TTs.
Old 11-30-2006 | 01:23 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

dang am i glad my silver surfer is out here in dallas!
Old 11-30-2006 | 02:16 AM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

CJ,

Well????? What's that beastie like? Are you lovin' it? Tell us more. Start a new thread with a full report, and of course some pictures.
Old 11-30-2006 | 11:45 AM
ScottMellor
Drifting

Hmm, maybe I could rent out my stock ecu......
Old 11-30-2006 | 12:10 PM
bb993tt
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ScottMellor
Hmm, maybe I could rent out my stock ecu......
I'm just glad I never got rid of mine!
Old 11-30-2006 | 12:49 PM
911/Q45
Addict
Rennlist Member

YOU FILTHY GROSS POLLUTER! You should be beaten viciously with OC silicone enhanced body parts. We law abiding citizens applaud our fine civil servants efforts to keep the environment pristine. Andial was able to clear my codes with their laptop and an hour's pooping around, but if you swap in and out your high zoot ECU, you have to start over.
Old 11-30-2006 | 01:07 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

jimmy and 911/q45:

do you have the bosch ecus for the 580 and 6,ooo,ooo hp or just for the 580? I know my car has the bosch 580, but the p.o. still had the thielart one for the race gas map
Old 11-30-2006 | 01:30 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Maybe you high HP Andial 3.8l guys should stop rubbing our noses in your gazillion HP cars. Yegads... why isn't 400 HP enough for anybody?
Old 11-30-2006 | 02:08 PM
911/Q45
Addict
Rennlist Member

Mine just came with the Bosch/FVD piece.
Old 11-30-2006 | 03:59 PM
Woodster
Drifting

Note to self:
next Porsche aftermarket marketing idea,
OBD2 switcher that makes ECU read like a clean "honda like" machine

Good luck, and god save the poor Californians...
Old 11-30-2006 | 04:06 PM
Bill (NC)
Racer

Nice to live in the country where they havn't heard of emissions testing.
Old 12-01-2006 | 01:44 AM
JJayB
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ca993twin
J.T.F.,

Waldo was also nabbed as a gross polluter, and had to visit the "test-only" station. The attendent wanted to put it on his rear wheel dyno. I said fine, but that will cost you about $3000 for a new viscous coupler. He did a visual, which was an obvious joke to both of us, and he just did the test in neutral. Waldo passed with flying colors. My guess was that someone was annoyed with some aggressive driving manuever, and reported the car to the smog ***** just to be nasty. I hope they are not targeting ALL 993TTs.
Ruf spoilers are a dead giveaway to the smog ***** of a gross polluter. I told the smog guy ( who didn't accept my bribe) he needed an all wheel dyno to do my car...which he didn't have. Visual inspection, "I can't see anything".

The point is, 993tt are targeted as a model due to some geek computer cs working for the goverment for the people. I'm checking with my lawyer to see if the OBD2 readout amounts the fifth amemdment violation about testifying against oneself.
For those with the FVD/bosch ecu, the higher idle may cause the drive cycle memory to be erased and therefore fail the test. It may not throw a fault code, just not enough drive cycle to satisfy the state.
Old 12-01-2006 | 02:02 AM
Greg H.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Viperbob took his car straight to a referee when he sold his car. It was cheaper too.

THREAD

I just got the same Test Only notice, but since I'm a lowly 3.6L I wasn't too worried about it.

Greg H.
Old 12-01-2006 | 11:43 AM
schnele
Rennlist Member

Jay I know you are joking about 5th Amendment implications right, it does not fall under any of the protected types of statements ie exclusion under the evidence rules, as such it will be admissible so too will recent routes on you navi.

Quick Reply: State after Jimmy again