Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2003, 06:21 PM
Badfish
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Reasonable Depreciation?

Hello everyone,

<=======newbie here

I am looking to get my first Porsche in a few months and have been doing quite a lot of research on the various models.

A question...what can I reasonably expect by way of depreciation on a 1997 993 TTS with approximately 22,000 miles in great condition. I know it's impossible to predict exactly, but are there any benchmarks or rules of thumb to go by? Since this particular model is rare, I would think it would be different than standard models. Am I wrong?

Thanks for any input.
Old 01-17-2003, 06:34 PM
ZCAT3
Three Wheelin'

Hi Paul - I do not think any of us have a clue. No one would have thought that standard 993TTs (or 996TTs) would have dropped as low as they have. It is almost to the point where you can buy a TT and part it out for a profit. I would certainly hope that the S model holds its value better, but if that is something you are banking on in your buying decision then you might be disappointed. The best way to hold the value of a collectable like that is to let it sit in the garage. And then what is the point of buying it?
Old 01-17-2003, 09:11 PM
Jeff 993TT
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree with Bill. If you keep on waiting and waiting, you'll never get it. And then the moment will have passed you by. You gotta spend your hard earned dough at some point, right??

In p-cars, as in life, carpe diem!
Old 01-17-2003, 09:58 PM
mb97tts
Racer

Pual, as a first time Porsche owner and one that bought a 97 TTS a few months ago I have a couple of thoughts.

I love my car but if I had to do it all over again I might opt for a non S and trick it out and drive the living daylights out of it. Once you get that out of your system buy the S to have as a show piece.

I just came in from washing and adding a coat of z5 to my car. For me knowing that this is a rare car makes me notice every chip and or blemish.
Now, if you are so loaded that it doesn't matter you can probably get a pretty good price right now.
I have got my mind set to one day, God willing, I can afford a non S to drive around while the S sits covered in that temperature controlled garage away from all that evil out there!!

Whatever you do they are head turners. I saw a Red 97 TT today on the 405 that was awesome!! Lowered, tinted, chrome rims, I could drive one of those no problem.

Good luck whatever you do!!

Quick Reply: Reasonable Depreciation?