Sponsored by:

strut tower brace

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2002 | 09:30 PM
fingercots
Track Day

Post strut tower brace

hello all,

i have a couple of questions about aftermarket strut tower braces. firstly, is it agreed that brey-krause is the best brand for this item? it certainly seems that everything i read about tuned porsches mentions b-k. also, will the brace listed for the c2,c4, and 993 fit the 993 turbo? it seems as if there is no reason why it wouldnt, but the turbo isnt listed. finally, other than the weight reduction, is a carbon fiber brace definately a better choice than stainless steel?

any input on this topic would greatly be appreciated.

thanks
Old 09-13-2002 | 11:04 PM
Jeff 993TT
Drifting

Here are some links:

<a href="http://forums.rennlist.com/cgi-bin/rennforums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=000609&p=" target="_blank">Strut Tower Brace </a>

<a href="http://forums.rennlist.com/cgi-bin/rennforums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=003766&p=" target="_blank">Strut Tower Brace...What do you prefer?</a>

I have the BK bar and it fits fine on my car. It is hidden under the carpet.

IMHO, save the money and get the regular SS bar and use that extra money for other things.

Jeff
Old 09-14-2002 | 12:18 AM
fingercots
Track Day

hey,
thanks a lot, i should have searched first i guess.
Old 09-14-2002 | 06:49 AM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

[quote]Originally posted by fingercots:
<strong>hello all,

i have a couple of questions about aftermarket strut tower braces. firstly, is it agreed that brey-krause is the best brand for this item? it certainly seems that everything i read about tuned porsches mentions b-k. also, will the brace listed for the c2,c4, and 993 fit the 993 turbo? it seems as if there is no reason why it wouldnt, but the turbo isnt listed. finally, other than the weight reduction, is a carbon fiber brace definately a better choice than stainless steel?

any input on this topic would greatly be appreciated.

thanks</strong><hr></blockquote>

Hi:

Just my 2 cents here, but you cannot go wrong with the factory Carrera RS strut brace. Its very light, polished aluminum, and fits perfectly.

Price is righteous, too.
Old 09-14-2002 | 11:48 AM
Anir
Addict
Rennlist Member

I'm with Steve (actually can't remember when I've ever disagreed with him ). I bought the factory unit new for about $240, and am very happy with it. It does hide under the carpet.

Man, Steve, what are you doing up at 5:49 in the morning on a Saturday?!
Old 09-14-2002 | 01:33 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

[quote]Originally posted by Anir:
<strong>I'm with Steve (actually can't remember when I've ever disagreed with him ). I bought the factory unit new for about $240, and am very happy with it. It does hide under the carpet.

Man, Steve, what are you doing up at 5:49 in the morning on a Saturday?! </strong><hr></blockquote>

Hi Doc:

LOL,.....I'm just pulling one more all-nighter in a long string of them lately. Its not my favorite thing to do but its unbelievably productive and sometimes necessary. I get very little accomplished during "normal" business hours,...

Quick Reply: strut tower brace