Finally...I did it! 96 993TT

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 03:06 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,230 Likes on 608 Posts

hey guys, thanks for the praise- when I drove the andial previously it was beyond exhilarating. Obviously the benefit of modding your own car would be the incremental power gains which I am leapfrogging right over into hyper speed.
yes that is an rt12 in the background. it's colored a shade of orangey red instead of a guards or pure ferrari type red. I've been told that the P.O. of the andial car has put the RT12 engine in his GT2- so apparently he's a speed junkie.
I can't wait to get a bit more used to the super thrust of the 3.8L engine- it's over double the HP of my other car.

now for those who've requested info on the yellow conversion- here is the story as i've been told.

for some reason, canadia (the way i prefer to spell it) won't let owners import RUF VIN# cars to their country. so this guy who owns the car there had spec it out even a bit beyond the standard conversion and basically transform it to a VIN car but keep the stock porsche vin. The car has literally 5 or 6 different radar detectors and jammers- the whole dash board is hollowed out for LEDs and stuck down with remote displays. The paint is absolutely stunning in it's brightness, clarity and is basically immaculate. it has the shaved gutters, Integrated Cage, blueprinted engine, and every other imaginable RUF mechanical bit. The IRC alone is a $19,000 option. the shaved gutters look amazing in person.
the car has really low miles(it's in kM i think, so that means around 18k miles maybe?) and that is why the high price - (first listed at 140 or 145 on dupont's website) and they might have lowered the price because of the amount of time it's sat in the showroom. If it wasn't speed yellow(too young to get any more tickets), and with the doppler satelite antenna (looks like the delorean hook from back to the future)I would probably be all over it- but for that money and selling my c2s I could actually wind up with the andial car and the alomar TT i was also looking at. I believe that it's also RWD. I haven't driven the yellow car, but i would eat off it- it's super clean.
Old 11-22-2006, 04:21 AM
Ima2nr
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

in refrence to the yellow car... I was told that to be approved by the Canadian gov't safety laws, a amnufacturer must donate 2 cars to crash per model year to get gov't approval.

even though it is technically a Porsche... beacuse of the RUF VIN, it would not have been able to be registered in Canada... I guess RUF's market there is much more limited...

I believe the same technical law came into play on the 959 that was never US legal... seems Porsche refused to 'donate' two to the US gov't to destroy...
Old 11-22-2006, 04:31 AM
Ima2nr
Instructor

BTW - I called RUF AutoCentre a week ago and was planning on buying this car too... (the yellow one) -I spoke with Wayne breifly, but he didn't seem to think I'd be as happy with it as my Black RUF (i was going to keep both) -maybe I missed something.... seem like he thought I'd be disappointed in its performance?

FWIW - I paid 105k for my RUF (38k miles)... and immediately spent 30k going over "everything" front to rear.... (i did spend 800.00 on a new cd player) the rest was performance...

CJ - if you can please go drive the yellow car and give us your impressions between either of them... try not to be biased!!!
Old 11-22-2006, 01:34 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

i'd love to drive the yellow guy- or at least have wayne take me for a blast around the streets- I believe the car is on consignment so the owner might be wanting to see an offer or something first.
I will be going back in there on wednesday to pick up the silver bullet and I will give you my impressions at that point.

Ima2nr- I'm going with silver and black as my car colors but I think yellow and black would be great also...
Old 11-22-2006, 01:58 PM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CJ - center console, lower row, two lights and rocker toggle in the middle...what is that switch for?
Old 11-22-2006, 02:06 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

previous owner installed one of a kind oil slick deployer like the james bond cars.

no but seriously I believe the switch is for the second ECU when filled with 96+ octane I can run a 630hp program.
On another TT an owner had an "overboost" button which was similar and he would use for top speed runs and stuff like that. I still need to speak with the previous owner and ask him about that switch-when i first saw it I thought that both ECU's were installed and that was a signal splitter- but to switch between the 580hp ecu and the 630hp you just unplug them and swap them like an 8-track or something
Old 11-22-2006, 03:19 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 171 Likes on 103 Posts

Congratulations, you are entering very shaky grounds. Long gone are the days where you used to enjoy driving your brother's M3.

Be safe.
Old 11-25-2006, 09:42 PM
993 Guy
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Just an FYI on the Yellow RUF car...it ran behind me this year on the Bull Run as we left NYC. The antenna's and speed gear were installed for the Bull Run event and my guess is that after the race, the owner has decided to move on to another toy for next years run.
Old 11-26-2006, 01:46 AM
ARM993
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice CJ. Can't wait to see a few more pics when you get her. What a beast. Congrats.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:33 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

FINALLY I'm going back to dallas today and am going to pick up my car either really late tonight or really early tomorrow morning...then I'll take some pics in the dusk lighting and give you guys some more accurate impressions of the car

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!
Old 11-28-2006, 02:38 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

CJ,

Nice to finally meet you out at the calabasas show on Sunday.

For those that don't know him, a very handsome and well grounded young man, despite his success. Yes, he's slighty nuts, but I mean that in the nicest possible way.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:42 PM
red993tt
Racer

Originally Posted by Jean
Congratulations, you are entering very shaky grounds. Long gone are the days where you used to enjoy driving your brother's M3.

Be safe.
Indeed very shaky grounds coming off an M3.
Johnny O. who is PO of this car is definitely a hp nut. Before getting his Rt-12 engine for the GT2, he also had a 9ff built GT2 that took over a year and lots $$ but never had it ran correctly. Anyway, he had ordered the Driftbox will be contributing his Rt-12 GT2 datas to this board soon.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:56 AM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts

Yes, Mr. Ochener has exquisite taste in cars. I had the pleasure to talk cars with him a few times at Santana Row. He is a great guy to boot. That yellow Ruf is an absolute hoot.

C.J., You have an incredible machine. John told me about the Andial 3.8L mod and he is really fond of the car. These gems are really hard to come by. You are a very lucky guy.

Enjoy in great health.

CP
Old 11-29-2006, 02:49 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

jean and red 993TT: I have no idea where the M3 thing came from- my brother has 15 tattoos, and is a model/ musician and drives a 86 mercedes! he couldn't afford a wheel off of an M3!

steve, thanks for the compliments. I'm slightly crazy, but I'm a lefthander, what do you expect?

about being lucky- no arguments on that front- I've got great friends and family who're always keeping me honest. Life's short so I try and share my success as much as possible.

Quick Reply: Finally...I did it! 96 993TT