MOD500
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How tragic
Old 11-23-2006, 08:46 AM
luminousjo
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone still have the pics? I want to use them to show my younger brother why driving wrecklessly is just uncalled for. Thanks.
Old 11-23-2006, 11:33 AM
IamSMC
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by luminousjo
Does anyone still have the pics? I want to use them to show my younger brother why driving wrecklessly is just uncalled for. Thanks.
Try the links on post #8 on this thread.

Originally I agreeded with the consensus that the links should be removed out of respect for the family. However, other boards have shared that the links of the pictures should stay to serve as a rude awakening so that we may all put life into perspective.
Old 11-23-2006, 11:15 PM
Dean924s
Instructor

This is a post I made on another board that is discussing this same crash. The debate is if Darwin got another.

================================================
I was reading an article about her death and they said that open beverage containers were found in the Honda and that they don't think that Alcohol contributed to the crash. Did I miss something here?

From here:>> link to article

Police found open alcoholic beverage containers inside of the Honda but alcohol is not suspected as a cause of the collision, CHP officials said.
You know what I think. She may have taken/stolen daddy's car but I bet the guy in the Honda was drinking. Open containers in a car is kind of a giveaway. Anyway the guy in the Honda had a little buzz on and wondered from his lane and clipped the Porsche as she sped by. In essence she probably never knew what happened. Hopefully the first impact that put the car air-born caused a basal skull fracture and killed her instantly before hitting the toll booth.

Was she speeding? You bet!!! Had she not been on the go peddle this would never had happened. But I am thinking that Darwin may have actually missed and got the wrong one in this case. I don't condone speeding but I have zero tolerance for drunk driving. I am wondering if this is really a spectacular case of the O-so-common drunk driver survives while leaving death and destruction in his/her wake.

Respectfully

Dean
Old 11-24-2006, 01:10 PM
WHB Porsche
I'm Still Jenny
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the civic driver probably was weaving/swerving, but it wouldn't have been deadly (at least for her...) had she not been passing at that kind of speed. when we normally pass on a highway, we've been spending at least a few seconds approaching/driving behind the other car, and have a chance to see how they're driving, whether or not they're drifting into other lanes, etc. it's also possible that he glanced in the mirror, saw a car one and a half football fields behind him, and decided to change lanes not knowing that it would take only a few seconds for the other car to get there.
Old 11-24-2006, 01:30 PM
fc-racer
Drifting

I feel so disappointed in society when it becomes ok to put pictures like this of someone's loved one up on the internet for all to see. In one of the pics, it appears that there are investigators/police on the scene; I have to wonder why nobody stopped the camera person from taking the pics.

I know that if my loved one died in a similar way, I would not want pictures of them on the Internet for all to see. Imagine if the father is a Rennlist member and stumbles upon the pictures while trying to move on with life; it would be devastating.

Quick Reply: 997 Cab Crash....