Sponsored by:

in dash radar dtector

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 09:30 PM
sfbanchs
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 52 Posts
Default in dash radar dtector

Anyone here have an in dash radar detector, if so any recommendations for a good one, i was contemplating doing it, especially after i got pulled over going 95 on I 95, luckily i got off with a warning

Best regards

Sebastian
Old 11-24-2006, 10:56 PM
panchosouth
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Best money I have ever spent on a radar det. has been the V1's....I've owned three, and have yet to regret the mooolah...As for in-dash...Ive seen K40 install units, however dont know much about their performance....I drive in Canada quite a bit and would be happy to shell out the $ for a hide-away V1 but have yet to see any development of same.....
Old 11-24-2006, 11:34 PM
antcee
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

K40
http://k40.com/home_main.html
Old 11-25-2006, 12:16 AM
Bill (NC)
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a K40 built in and it does a good job. I also have a V1 I use in my other cars and have put the V1 in the Porsche on trips to see how they compare. Except for the arrows and numbers on the V1 they are pretty equal as to alerts. The best part of the K40 is you don't have to take it down each time you stop, and if you live in or near a state that's illegal it's still good. That being said...most cops today are using instant on radar so you are'nt going to be saved from really excessive speeds. For those that own K40's, I bought it in 1999 for my C4 and when I moved it to the Turbo they upgraded the whole system to brand new for a small fraction of the initial costs, even though they replaced everything with their newest units.

Quick Reply: in dash radar dtector