Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UK Owners: Paintless Dent Removal

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2002 | 08:09 AM
Anthony_Vince
Advanced

Post UK Owners: Paintless Dent Removal

Unfortunately someone has put a large dent in my off-side door panel which has prompted me to search for a good paintless dent removal guy in London who can take a look at the whole car to see what he can do, can anyone recommend someone?

Its tyre renewal time again, any Pirelli experts out there know why p-zero lettering is sometimes in yellow and sometimes not?? On the same topic my car seems to have metal tyre valves at the rear and plastic at the front, what is standard on the turbo?

thanks in advance
Old 08-06-2002 | 09:08 AM
Christer
Race Car

Wink

I think the tyre valves are supplied when buying tyres (or at least replaced if it is deemed necessary). I was supplied metal ones last time I purchased tyres - but plastic before that. Were the rear tyres replaced last?
Old 08-06-2002 | 09:15 AM
Anthony_Vince
Advanced

The rear tyres were changed last but on that occasion i think they left the metal valves as they were, possibly because they aren't consumable. I'm curious as to whether Porsche recommend the metal valves since I've had a plastic valve fail on the front. I'm finding the Turbo and Porsches in general to be very sensitive to wheel balancing, problem is I can never find someone who I really have faith in to do the job properly, anyone in London have the Hunter(?) machine I've read about on this forum?
Old 08-16-2002 | 05:20 AM
Millzeee
Advanced

try

<a href="http://www.dentdevils.co.uk" target="_blank">http://www.dentdevils.co.uk</a>

had them come and have a look at mine as i have a couple of dents in my bonnet where someone shut it, he didn't get the dents out but was honest enough that he could get that type of dent out and didn't charge for the visit
Old 08-16-2002 | 06:39 AM
Christer
Race Car

Wink

I think <a href="http://www.jzmachtech.com" target="_blank">www.jzmachtech.com</a> have somebody that comes in to repair minor dents. I think it involves heating the metal gently before 'presuading' it to revert back to its original shape. I'd give Jonas or Steve a call and ask them if this is still available. BTW, I haven't tried this myself (but I am going to) - this was posted on Rennlist by another UK owner. Apparently he was very satisfied with the results.

Hope this helps

Quick Reply: UK Owners: Paintless Dent Removal