Sponsored by:

Anyone installed the Turbo S kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2002, 05:22 AM
JWKC
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vinnie:
Is your Powerkit a GT2 or turbo S updrade kit?Did you able to upgraded your Fuel Pressure regulator also?I understand that most of the people with a powerkit on their 993TT also do that upgrade.
I am also thinking to upgrade my car with the factory 450HP turbo S kit.
But the problems I got are .

1. My car are already 430HP (Factory 993GT2 road version)

2.It is a OBD1 car

3.Already fitted with the factory Auxiliary oil-cooler

4.I never able to find any company offer a factory upgrade kit which only sell the turbos and the ECU except drirct from factory thur my dealer.But their Price are way too high.But the advantage is I can exchange my ECU and save some cost for not buying a new ECU.
Old 02-21-2002, 06:40 PM
Vinnie
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JWKC:
I have the kit from Gert that comes from Porsche Motorsports, I believe, I'm not too sure what its officially called. The Fuel Pressure Regulator can only be added if your ECU has been programmed to work with a 5 bar fuel pressure regulator, otherwise you'd run into problems with lean/rich spots all over the RPM band. I am in the process of trying to find out whether or not the new ECU you get with Gert's kit has timing and fuel maps changed so that can use the new fuel pressure regulator. If the factory auxiliary oil cooler on the car is the Turbo S one, I think you'll be fine depending on the climate and race conditions. Andial uses them with much success I believe, even in their high HP cars....you could always sell it and get the bigger one if you think its necessary. :-) You should contact Gert about ECU options on OBD I cars, I think 96 was the first year for the Turbo here in the states so it was OBD II but with a ECU that could not be modified. I got a new ECU.

Schatz motorsports will sell you turbos and chip, and is probably another good source to talk to about the possible conversion. Steve W. is probably the best in terms of the time he gives you and the level of knowledge he has and the parts he sells. I'm sure he will have some sort of solution for you, and he will be brutally honest about it....he has 480-5XX HP kits with the appropriate ECU and SAFE mapping to fuel availability in your area. I think Steve will sell you parts as well. Give him a call or email.
I hope this was helpful.

Cheers,

Quick Reply: Anyone installed the Turbo S kit