Sponsored by:

Plastic Wheelarch Wear / Software

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2001, 09:32 AM
Anthony_Vince
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Plastic Wheelarch Wear / Software

I have a '97 european model and noticed that directly in front of both front tyres the plastic wheelarch surround has worn a 4" square hole on both sides which appears to be from the front tyres coming into contact with it when steering. The car is completely standard with respect to ride height and suspension set-up. Anyone else encounter this? Did Porsche subsequently modify anything?

In addition, I'm reading articles on software available to aid diagnostics on the 993TT, my car obviously has OBD2, can anyone recommend any cost effective software for download onto a laptop that permits analysis of the car's systems. Not to necessarily adjust anything but to understand fault codes etc. Would be useful if it worked on a 928 S4 as well. What kind of connections do I need between laptop and car?

many thanks
Old 12-21-2001, 03:25 PM
Jeff 993TT
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Anthony_Vince:
<STRONG>
In addition, I'm reading articles on software available to aid diagnostics on the 993TT, my car obviously has OBD2, can anyone recommend any cost effective software for download onto a laptop that permits analysis of the car's systems. Not to necessarily adjust anything but to understand fault codes etc. Would be useful if it worked on a 928 S4 as well. What kind of connections do I need between laptop and car?

many thanks</STRONG>
Check out http://www.obd-2.com. They have something for under $200. There was a rennlist group buy a few months ago. You might want to ask if he will still honour this.

Jeff

Quick Reply: Plastic Wheelarch Wear / Software