Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cargraphic mufflers save much weight?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 04:22 PM
kennyboy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cargraphic mufflers save much weight?

Does anyone know if cargraphic mufflers save much weight over the oems on the 993tt?

I will be getting some for the sound but was hoping to save a kg or two along the way.

while I'm on it - what's the weight difference between hard back sports and comfort seats?, my TT currently has 8 way comforts which I think are the heaviest?

Cheers
Old 11-09-2006, 04:47 PM
AndyT
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not much. if you want to save weight go for the Fabspeed bypasses. They sound great too.
Old 11-09-2006, 05:48 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

I have heard (on this forum) that the factory sport seats save very little weight if any over the comfort seats. And I second the motion on the muffler bypasses. They also free up a little back pressure and allow more cooling air to the turbos. A win-win-win-win situation. Warning... not everyone likes the way they sound.
Old 11-09-2006, 06:42 PM
911/Q45
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Weight saving on a high power 3300 lb car is probably not going to get you any benefit you can feel, especially on the street.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:29 PM
mkhn
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just went to Cargraphic muffler's after having spent some time with the by-passes. I really like the sound and they do save a bit of weight over oem sets, but its totally neglible since if you really cared about that then you'd go bypases all the way. Im not missing the resonance the bypasses provided and the sound just got too obnoxious to me.

In terms of power delivery, you definitely take a hit. When I had the bypasses and I would step on it, the car would really push. There was a certain edginess to the acceleration. Now with the "hi-flo" mufflers, the power delivery is smoother, ie, more back pressure is at work. It will soon be time to got o Kevin for upping the HP to make up for the loss; well more than make up.

I have GT3 seats, and they are half the weight of the plush 12-way adjustable heated seats.

30lbs for GT3+rails
60lbs for plush seats + rails

Quick Reply: cargraphic mufflers save much weight?