Kids and Turbos

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2003, 03:28 PM
911/Q45
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Kids and Turbos

Has anyone ever let their kid drive their Turbo unsupervised?
Old 05-17-2003, 04:37 PM
Seljan
Pro

No..i've let my youngest daughter(age 17) drive the M3..and am just now teaching her how to drive a 6-sp..if she proves worthy..i'll let her use the Cab,on a nice summer DAY..no nights.
Old 05-17-2003, 10:15 PM
ZAMIRZ
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A client of my dad's was over at the house in his TTS and he knows I'm a Porsche freak so I'm chit chatting with him and he's telling me about how he had race cats put on it and the engine management tuned and out of nowhere he tossed me the keys and told me to take it for a spin and get on it and tell him how I thought it felt. So I took it for a spin, quick burst up to triple digits and then back down. Got in the boost a few times coming out of corners and let the car steer itself with a bit with correction. Came back gently, made sure to give it adequate cooling time by driving it around the block a few times without exceeding 3000 rpm, parked it and gave him the keys back and told him the mods were a wise investment. He said "yeah, just wanted to see what other's felt, I'm stoked about how it's running". If you trust the person and know they will be responsible with your car, then I don't see the problem.
Old 05-18-2003, 02:28 PM
4flynlow
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
I think my decision would be based on the maturity and driving abilities of the "kid"in question.On a general rule I do not let others drive my Turbo as it is to tempting to step on it and end up in trouble.
Jeffry
Old 05-18-2003, 06:58 PM
Seljan
Pro

So I took it for a spin, quick burst up to triple digits and then back down. Got in the boost a few times coming out of corners and let the car steer itself with a bit with correction.

Nothing personal Zamirz..But I assume this was the first time you ever drove a TT..my point is obvious..

Quick Reply: Kids and Turbos