Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clear Bra

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2003, 08:58 PM
MIK911
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Where can i buy a small sheet of this clear stick on stuff? I mainly want to use it as headlight protectors for 4 different cars, and would rather buy a sheet rather than custom fit pieces.
Anyone know of a source where i can get a sheet of this stuff for relatively cheap?
What's the generic name of this stuff?

thanks
Mike
Old 04-17-2003, 05:09 PM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If your objetive is to prevent pits on your headlight lenses your idea should work but it won't preven damage from larger debris. The stone-guards on my headlights are a 1-2 mm thick and somewhat rubbery (helps to cushion any impacts); whereas the 3M material on my hood and bumpers are a fraction of a mm - they will prevent road rash but won't prevent dents from flying debris and certainly won't prevent your lenses from shattering.

I think that most of the vendors will sell you the material in large sheets but after trimming and fitting it may not be worth the hassle.
Old 04-20-2003, 02:26 AM
Pete K
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If your wanting it just for your headlights it's cheap enough that it would be hard to do it yourself for much less. Headlights only - 37.95 and the whole kit for 59.95.
I have installed a couple light kits myself and its about a 5 minutes per light job.

More info at, <a href="http://www.stongard.com/sgcontent/shop.asp?branch=961" target="_blank">http://www.stongard.com/sgcontent/shop.asp?branch=961</a>

HTH's,
Pete
Old 04-27-2003, 10:56 PM
ruacop2
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For the most part the hood and fenders tend to be pretty easy to install the clear bra whatever the brand or from bulk. The bumper on the other hand is a lot harder to accomplish.

The prolem with the pre-cut kits is the installer not being able to get it where it belongs. The installation of the product is like solving a 3-D puzzle. Many times people give up and ruin it, cut it or just plain have it in the wrong place.

ZCAT3- I am very happy that you were able to install it and be happy. That is an accomlishment for many people. If you need a job let me know.

The biggest tips I can tell everyone is find out if it is pre-cut, does the installer guarantee his work (the manufacturer is not responsible for the install) and what product are they using. Just talk to them and make sure you know what you are paying for.

Quick Reply: Clear Bra