Sponsored by:

Ruf's pss9 review. WOW!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2003, 08:52 PM
djimenez993tt
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Ruf's pss9 review. WOW!

As promised, I just finished with the installation of Ruf's pss9 suspension with swaybar and stut brace on my 993tt, and I msut admit, WOW! It just transformed my car!

The streets here in Mexico are not the best, I used to ahve stock shocks with H&R's, the ride was to say the least, harsh and noisy. Now its very smooth, I have it in the softest setting, which is just perfect for the street. I dont know how different it is form the regular pss9, but the car just feels amazing. A must do, now I only need Steve's rear bushings and a trip to the local track.
Old 04-01-2003, 10:25 PM
John D II
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 336 Likes on 232 Posts
My RUF pss-9 suspension with sway bar for the 996TT is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. I hope that I am as happy with the end result as you seem to be.
2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials SpeedTech Exhaust Videos facebook
Old 04-02-2003, 12:13 AM
Denny Lindsay
Advanced

I recently installed the original RUF non-adjustable suspension on my NA 993 and man what a difference. Handling is vastly improved however moderately rough. I can no longer let my head rest on the headrest on long highway trips. It may be the weight difference in both cars -anyone know the exact weight differences in a 96 993TT & NAC2 this may decrease spring rates which would explain my "springy" sensation. Best way to describe it... On highways the expansion joints are non-existant however the car "bounds" or bounces in a controlled methodical pattern. I can disrupt the cadence by either speeding up or slowing down ever so slightly. Rear bar is set in the 1st or last hole closest to the end.
Other than this annoyance, I can bounce the passengers head off the side window simply by changing lanes. :-)

If i had it to do all over I'd buy the adjustable shocks instead of the original series.

Anyone else have the original Ruf Sus w. Rear sway bar?

Denny
Old 04-03-2003, 11:09 AM
fingercots
Track Day

i just had the RUF pss-9 suspension installed on my 993tt and have it set to 4 (reasonably stiff) and it has definitely changed my car. first off, the car is sitting a little more than an inch lower, so it looks great. also, the suspension is tighter and it sticks to the road like never before. when i get some new tires this summer im sure the handling will be even better. i just wish i could measure the lateral G's this car can pull. i would guess that it is more than 1 G.

Quick Reply: Ruf's pss9 review. WOW!