993TT oil change

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2003, 11:37 PM
Lance 4c
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Pete,

I feel your pain. Been dealing with this issue since my diy oil change right after I bought my 96 tt.

MAKE SURE IT IS NOT A MAHLE OIL FILTER on the engine, (small filter) even though the same parts number. I tried two different Mahles before trying a Porsche filter. Try this and/or read the thread created by jchan@mywhine.com on this subject. Do a search on smoking on one side. Jeff has been very helpful. My local parts supplier is not aware of this problem nor was Barrier Porsche in Seattle.

Feel free to email me if you wish.

Lance
Old 04-03-2003, 12:25 AM
Jeff 993TT
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by Pete K:
<strong>Since the oil change last week I have developed a problem. The car is now smoking heavy on cold start up, fills the garage full of smoke.
I found out that the shop installed 10w-40 mobile 1, so first thing they are going to change to the recomended weight and see if that makes a change. I guess we see what happens from there.

Pete</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Check the archives Pete. Many other 993 TT owners have been there, done that (including me). If you search the 993 board and this board for "smoking turbo" you'll see my entire saga and my 5 minute fix.

Good luck and feel free to email me if you want, although all the information is contained in the archives here.

Quick Reply: 993TT oil change