Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cat bypass and the dreaded check-engine light

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2003, 02:37 PM
ScottMellor
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To chime in here, I just ordered the FVD cat bypasses and should have them installed perhaps next week. I'll be happy to report back too.
Old 02-24-2003, 06:08 PM
John D II
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 337 Likes on 233 Posts
Scott,

Great choice. I am not sure how other brands may fare with regards to sound and performance, but the FVD is a certain winner on both counts.
2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials SpeedTech Exhaust Videos facebook
Old 02-24-2003, 08:39 PM
ZCAT3
Three Wheelin'

I have the Cargraphic pipes and the sound and performance are very nice. This is not a cheap option, however, and it would require quite a bit of labor to swap the original CAT pipes back into place.
Old 02-28-2003, 07:45 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Dropping the car off tomorrow at The Racers Group. Installed my PSS9s with TRG sways now I need a corner balance and alignment (see bitch below). As long as it is there, I'm having a set of 993 GT2 turbos installed along with a Unichip setup. Since everything needs to be in place for the Unichip install, they are going to do the Cat Bypass that I bought from Fabspeed. It'll be a week and a half until I get it back, but I will report back on the Bypass results.

I was trying to get just the corner balance and alignment from Rennwerks in Mountain View. Left my car there for 2 days, no work done.

Excuse 1) Even though we have the most expensive alignment rack on the planet, we do not have the tool to set the Kinetic toe. We did go ahead and order it and it will arrive sometime. My question is do the poor 993 owners that did not get a proper alignment know this?

Excuse 2) We loaned the corner scales out and can't get hold of the person that borrowed them.

This was my first try at this place. I do not think that I will be going back.
Old 02-28-2003, 08:36 PM
Jeff 993TT
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by viperbob:
<strong>I was trying to get just the corner balance and alignment from Rennwerks in Mountain View. Left my car there for 2 days, no work done.

Excuse 1) Even though we have the most expensive alignment rack on the planet, we do not have the tool to set the Kinetic toe. We did go ahead and order it and it will arrive sometime. My question is do the poor 993 owners that did not get a proper alignment know this?

Excuse 2) We loaned the corner scales out and can't get hold of the person that borrowed them.

This was my first try at this place. I do not think that I will be going back.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">I know of another rennlister who had a bad experience. He thought that it was rememdied when that particular technician left, but it appears that it's business as (un)usual at Rennworks.

Quick Reply: Cat bypass and the dreaded check-engine light