local dealer has 97 TT for sale

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2003 | 12:00 PM
John H. in DC Area
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Post local dealer has 97 TT for sale

FYI, a local dealer -- Tischer Porsche in Silver Spring, MD -- has an ad for a silver/black 97 993TT in today's Wash. Post. They provide virtually no information and I know nothing about the car. I'd be happy to check it out for an interested person.

"'97 911 Turbo silver/black, too many options to list, call for details. Tischer Porsche. 301-890-3000"
Old 04-28-2003 | 10:55 PM
SLVR
Pro

John,
I am in the area and that's the spec I'm looking for at this very moment. Question remains, would you trust them? I have got only negative references on them and I'd hate to waste time with them since they kind of out of town.....

BTW, are you in the burbs or in the district?

Rgds
Louis
Old 04-29-2003 | 12:32 AM
John H. in DC Area
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

I'm in Chevy Chase, MD, right outside the District, but go past Tischer in Silver Spring quite a bit on my way to visit my folks in Columbia or for business in Howard County. I've heard mixed things about Tischer over the years as well. I think, but am not sure, that the Tischer group changed majority ownership not too long ago (and retained the Tischer name). There are some good independent shops in the DC/Nova area to get a PPI done, so I don't think Tischer would be able to pull a fast one on you in terms of price/value for its actual condition. They may have sold the car, as I did not see it in the paper this past week. At any rate, I'd be glad to help out in any way possible. Just let me know. I will be headed out that way on Wednesday as a matter of fact.
Old 04-29-2003 | 07:37 PM
SLVR
Pro

John - thanks. We are about a mile away from each other. I am downtown Bethesda, 1/2 a block from Euromotorcars.

Thanks for the info.

Rgds
Louis
Old 04-30-2003 | 09:00 AM
John H. in DC Area
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

abalto, unfortunately I'm not going to be taking the Porsche to Columbia (and I'm heading through this morning, so it's probably not going to be convenient for you). I'll send you and some other folks in the area (including Louis) an e-mail (or will post an inquiry on the 993 board) to see if they want to get together at some mutually convenient time and location in May.

The good news is that I picked up the Porsche yesterday from the body shop and the Euro nose and Turbo S/Aerokit front spoiler lip look fantastic! Later today, I'm going to pick up the subwoofer box that I had a stereo shop make to sit on top of my rear seats using the two 8-inch subwoofers from the rear footwell subs I bought from Car Audio Innovations a year ago. I wanted to reclaim the rear footwell space (the boxes impeded the fore-aft movement of the seats) and I wanted a plug and play box that can be removed for DE events. I'll post pics of the car and the box later this evening.

Louis, given that we're so close we should get together soon. Good luck with the search and hang in there.
Old 04-30-2003 | 10:18 PM
SLVR
Pro

John - definitively we should meet. Maybe for a coffee at the local Starbucks at Bethesda Av. and Wisconsin?

I just noticed that HBL now has a 97 silver TT but with Metro running late (and the 4S having changed hands) I got home too late to go check it out as the wife had an 8pm meeting. She needed the MB and left me the kids.

With HBL I have had even (far) worse experiences than Tischer including witnessing a used p-car going up in flames during a test drive....(I was not driving) I know they (used to?) support the local PCA chapter but that's not very comforting to me.

BTW, what color is your car?

Rgds
LV

PS To avoid the chatter on the board just email me at vos@his.com.
Old 05-01-2003 | 12:07 AM
SLVR
Pro

John - I just noticed the description of your car. I saw you on Wisconsin Av. one day I think and inquired about the wheels, was that you?

Incredibly nice wheels but a bit expensive...
Old 05-01-2003 | 12:57 PM
01'996C-24ME
Instructor

Hey Abalto, i could not agree with you more on the mileone comment. They are absolutly the worst. PLEASE dont quote me though, have business ventures with them. THERE A BUCH OF A-HOLES
Old 05-01-2003 | 01:16 PM
01'996C-24ME
Instructor

Hey Abalto, i could not agree with you more on the mileone comment. They are absolutly the worst. PLEASE dont quote me though, have business ventures with them. THERE A BUCH OF A-HOLES
Old 05-01-2003 | 01:35 PM
John H. in DC Area
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

abalto and others, I just posted pics of the car and a write-up of the mods on the 993 board.

Louis, that was me! I remember our split-second meeting very well. Your C4S was silver, right? It looked terrific.

Unfortunately, we're not blessed with the best customer service from Porsche dealers in the DC area. I'd probably put Porsche of Arlington at the top. It's a dog fight for last place between Tischer and HBL. Notwithstanding that, you can conduct a PPI with good integrity, and if the car checks out fine and fits your desires, then negotiate hard on price and buy it from these folks but take it elsewhere for service.

Good luck.
Old 05-02-2003 | 12:40 AM
SLVR
Pro

Well, that car at Tischer is now over at HBL and I looked at it. I realized immediately I saw that very same car at Arlington P. early April and they denied it being for sale. Very strange. Also, there must be gold plating on it somewhere, what a price.... HBL in my book easily achieves bottom spot in the rankings. Don't know what is wrong with that car but I am very suspicious about it.

John - Those split second meetings make owning a P-car fun. :-) Congrats on the fix, that chin spoiler looks really good!
Old 05-04-2003 | 10:44 PM
SLVR
Pro

John, the search was short. It's silver/blk (just so the neighbors don't talk :-), lowered, RSRs and UNBELIEVABLY FAST!!! I had never driven one, knowing I'd be hooked from day one....

It's also 1600 miles away (it was a very long day yesterday), either a long drive or expensive transport. Anyway, I am very happy with it and it should only take a week or two to get it here.
Old 05-04-2003 | 11:12 PM
John H. in DC Area
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Awesome, Louis, way to go. I bought mine in New York and drove it home in 7 hours the same day. Practically camped out with it that night. You are in for some seriously fun times. Looking forward to getting together soon.

Quick Reply: local dealer has 97 TT for sale