Porsche Driving School

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 12:46 PM
cesar
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Porsche Driving School

Any one attend this?

If so, would like to hear your about your experiences.

Thinking of going next year.

Thanks!

Cesar
Old 10-08-2006, 03:53 PM
Bill (NC)
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did it back in 2000 while they were still using Road ATL. We drove brand new cars over 300 miles in two days. Really a blast and nice to get a feel for what the cars will do. Of course they were using 996's with PSM so it doesn't directly relate to the 993. Especially fun was the last day included riding with the instructors as they raced each other. Not really competively, but fast enough to show how little we knew.
Old 10-13-2006, 05:52 AM
ST
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sounds totally different from the Porsche Driving School programme we did at Mt Cotton on the Australian gold Coast in 2000. It was a dedicated driver training facility.

The typical day was split into 4 parts after a briefing....braking and manoeuvring on a 3 acre plus tight circuit, skid pan, road driving techniques on a 1.2 mile circuit and a session of time trials and hot laps with the instructors.

If you haven't been on any of these courses before, the value would be immense...plus you get to drive most of the latest P cars.
Old 10-15-2006, 11:31 PM
Bass993
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did attend the school last year and it was really fun. They had all 997's and a few 997-S models too. You get divided over the three days into groups based on comfort at speed and ability. On the last day we were passing the other groups on the track as the Alpha male dog class and running as about as hard as you could with and instructor up front to maintain some order of sanity. No passing unless you are the next to get behind the instructor for analysis, but I had to put my passing light indicator on a few times to rattle my buddies ahead of me. Overall it was so much fun that I only missed having my 993TT out there mixing it up. Well worth the money and time!

Quick Reply: Porsche Driving School