Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Model of arena red tt

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006 | 07:39 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Default Model of arena red tt

I see how passionate the arena red guys are about their colour...ie "dude where's my car" ...anyways found this on ebay item number 200025241972
thought you might be interested.
Danny
Old 09-12-2006 | 08:06 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Thanks. I have two of these models, so I'll not be bidding.
Old 09-12-2006 | 10:52 PM
Tim Wasmer
Race Car

Dude......still don't have my car!

But next week I will
Old 09-15-2006 | 06:56 PM
Bass993
Advanced

I bought one of these Arena Red models by UT on eBay and they really are the "schrunk" version of my "poster car". They look good together!
Old 09-15-2006 | 07:42 PM
md11plt
Pro

I won it! The model is just like my car, probably without the CF interior though. I bid way more than it was worth, but no way I was going to lose it.

I don't have my TT yet, it’s coming from Boston in October. Man, I cannot wait! I sold a 997 about six months ago. Now I am getting a REAL Porsche!

BTW, Thanks for the tip!
Old 09-15-2006 | 08:02 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

md11plt,

Congrats on your 993TT... your 1:1 and your 1:18. How about some details? When do you get it? Where do you live? Do you also have the c/f steering wheel? Mine was cracked at the top, and I recently found a place to make the repair. Good luck!
Old 09-15-2006 | 08:27 PM
md11plt
Pro

THANKS!!! Actually, it does have the CF wheel and it is cracked at the top. I used to fly model helicopters so the CF repair didn't look like that big a deal to me. However, any info you could provide as to the repair would be greatly appreciated. Any idea why that happens?

The 1:1 should be here beginning October, the 1:18... I have no idea. That one comes from France!

I am currently watching the temps plummet towards freezing in Park City, UT. Gretchen will not be a daily driver, but the AWD will help me get her out of the driveway!

And please, call me Tom.
Old 09-16-2006 | 12:17 AM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Tom,

It seems that they all do that from exposure to the sun. I contacted these guys:

agla@gate.net

And was quoted something a bit over $400 for the repair. Since I now have a Ruf steering wheel, I want to sell the c/f one, but was going to fix it or at least know where it could be fixed for the buyer.

Congrats again on Gretchen. We all eagerly await the details.
Old 09-16-2006 | 01:10 AM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

I just bought one from Japan 1:64 and it arrived in about 3 days...cost about $9. I will probably get a 1:18 scale model some time soon. MD11plt what did you get? and have you been looking for long?
turbodan
Old 09-16-2006 | 12:31 PM
md11plt
Pro

PLEASE! For the love of Ferdinand, stay away from AGLA. We are getting off topic here, but this is important.

A little over a year ago, I bought a 997. One of the many things I wanted to do to the car was change out the steering wheel. I contacted AGLA and we came to an agreement on what would be done. It was to be made thicker and the sides were to be covered in alcantara. He said it would take about a week. Three weeks later I get a box from Florida. I pulled the wheel out and stared at it in horror! My wife looked at it and started laughing. She asked if I had mistakenly contracted with my 4 year old niece who was stitching those colored cards with yarn. The wheel had glue all over it, the stitching was uneven, they scratched and gouged one of the spokes and the material was lumpy and uneven. I called Alan and told him I was not happy with it. I had also told him I had been diagnosed with terminal cancer. I said I wanted this rectified because I was told I only had about six more months to enjoy my car (I’m better now, but that’s a story to tell over some unsweetened decaffeinated iced tea, if you’re buying!). Anyway, I send it back with the understanding that he will FedEx out and back and only keep it only for a day or two at the most. He also promised to refund my money if I was not happy with it. ONE MONTH later I get a box from the post office with the wheel in it. They had done absolutely nothing to it. I called Alan again and he started yelling at me. He called me Cancer Boy and actually said, “Aren’t you going to die soon and quit hassling me.” Of course, I never got a refund. Besides the aggravation, my car was down for almost two months. I sold it a short time later after I spent $1500.00 on a Techart wheel because things were not going well.

As for Gretchen, She is a ’97 Arena Red over Classic Grey. CF interior, Aluminum package (gages, door sills), Supple leather with crests and heated seats and digital sound from a CDR210. She has done just over 27,00 miles. I actually looked at the car you got from Paul, TurboDan. It is very nice. As you know, that deal fell through do to a miss understanding. No one’s fault. I’ll PM you with the details. I actually started looking not long after I sold the 997. It was something to do to take my mind off of how badly I felt from the Chemo. Once I started to get better and it looked like my billion to one chance was going to come through (Thank you, God), I stared looking in earnest. I looked at 3 or 4 but kept coming back to Gretchen. Once I saw her, it was love at first sight. I am quite pleased!
Old 09-16-2006 | 01:06 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Tom,

Thank you.

Thanks for sharing your inspiring story with us here... that gives hope to many. One little tidbit... my 17-year-old daughter is a cancer survivor. Some of the kids at her school have called her "cancer girl". It is infuriating... how can people be so cruel?

Thanks for the info on AGLA. They are so far off my list, I've already forgotten their name. Thanks for sharing that.

And thanks for the info on your new toy... it sounds like an incredible find. Imagine... a 10-year-old car with 27,000 miles. I can't understand how people can resist the temptation to use and enjoy these cars. Rufus has 105,000 miles! Still low mileage by my reckoning.

Best of luck to you Tom... I hope your health stays good, and your car gives you all the pleasure you deserve.
Old 09-16-2006 | 06:10 PM
911/Q45
Addict
Rennlist Member

I also have had a bad experience with AGLA.
Old 09-16-2006 | 09:12 PM
Champagne
Former Vendor

Hello everyone,

let me take this opportunity to barge in and offer my services.
I specialize in 928 custom leatherwork and some of you might have heard of my work if you sometimes frequent that specific forum.

I do recover steering wheels. Here are a few examples of 928 wheels that I did recently:

I can do the same for any model.
The cost of a recover in top quality leather is $225.00 + shipping
That includes a hand laced leather cover for the wheel itself + a French seamed leather cover for either the airbag or horn pad + the engraving of your choice.

I would invite you to follow the link in my signature to see the extent of my work for the 928.
I do apologize for the lack of 911 content, but hopefully that is something I will remedy soon.

I invite any custom work for the interior of Porsche cars, whether it be the restoration of a factory part or the creation of a new design.

Thank you for your time

Paul
Old 09-16-2006 | 09:35 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Paul,

That looks like great quality work at a very reasonable cost. Do you have any ideas for the repair of the factory carbon-fiber wheels, where the resin has small cracks at the top from the sun?
Old 09-16-2006 | 10:01 PM
md11plt
Pro

Looks awesome! I will definitely keep this in mind.

Quick Reply: Model of arena red tt