Ultimate Motorwerks Turbocharger check-valve kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 04:58 PM
911PERVY
Banned

Received 225 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by JBL930
My word began with an 'F'
Oh how course.........they understand that one alright........
Old 02-28-2020, 02:27 PM
Kallericcar
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Vent system

Originally Posted by Kevin
Don, the kit can be installed with the engine in.

As far as the re-route of the vent lines. One just caps off the lines at the sump tank vents and then either installs caps on the vent lines or remove them all together. Porsche has engineered the vent system to work because of the suction of the intermediate shaft driven sump pump AND we should keep in mind that the oil that is pressurized to feed the turbochargers must move freely into the sump tanks and be evacuated out. If there is a restriction in this system, you will create a "lack of lubrication" condition with your turbochargers. Heat will build up, and you will destroy your thrust bearings and bushings. This occurs because it's like someone closing a valve and not allowing oil to enter the turbochargers.. Again all it takes to restrict the oil movement through the bearings is a retrofit to the vent system.. It's a catch 22 situation.

Again, When you cap these lines you are forcing the oil to stay in the sump tanks. If you have high oil levels due to a reduced oil flow through the pump, oil will back up into the turbocharger, or high volume levels of oil in your crankcase, caused by the drain back of oil from your main oil sump tank. Infact this is how the oil is getting up in your vent lines in the first place. When you shut the engine off, oil migrates from your dry sump oil tank. The level in your crankcase rises. Since your turbochargers are located lower than this level, oil quickly fills into your turbochargers and up the vent lines. What is typically the culprit of this condition---Your oil filter... The check valve has failed causing a inrush of oil to fill your crankcase..

I just started getting oil smoke from one pipe. I had oil in the intercooler when I removed it. My turbo system is Protomotive custom built. I was trying to figure the vent system out. Two lines connect to the muffler with some sort of valves- seen in photo. Since doesn’t smoke right at start up, I started thinking about the vent/turbo seals. How does the vent system work- boost vs vacuum?

Old 10-07-2020, 08:52 PM
Ronald993turbo
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

can you post a picture of how you re routed your hoses? thank you..

Quick Reply: Ultimate Motorwerks Turbocharger check-valve kit