Jean :-)... help me extrapolate... times

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 03:32 PM
edpurplett
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jean :-)... help me extrapolate... times

Jean,

Dunno.. I'm getting excited.... had the chance to do two repeatable 60-110 runs yesterday....ran out of road both times...and you know my theory that the 500+ ft lbs above 3500ish rpm (well below 60 :-),, and one shift.... might make my 60-130 a little quicker than theory... as a matter of fact clocks better than my 930 with more HP.... g5050's for ya... ;-)

.... so looks like 4.2-4.4... kept two chronos and haven't reset them... :-). I know I know... joking..

so any rethinking on 60-130?...

e
Old 05-22-2006, 05:41 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 174 Likes on 104 Posts

Ed

Good to see you testing the baby, I hope you are in a safe spot or we would end up introducing you to "Jimmy the felon" behind bars

If i take the time you are posting which I assume was made without a shift, you would be doing 60-130 in about 8s. or maybe slightly less. Keep in mind that runs with the AX22 are always a reality check to all of us, because of speedo error and timing error, you could see 1 second difference

In any case it sounds like a very fast car (of course!). What boost were you running?
Be patient the AX22 will be coming your way soon. Call Todd and tell him to send it over to you if he does not need it.
Old 05-22-2006, 05:58 PM
edpurplett
Instructor

..Jean, thx

One shift... but I should be just able to hit 130 without another... Shootin' for 7's... dont; burst my bubble.... ;-) the acceleration above 80 is insane and crushes all the other cars I've built... but with my high C/R and little injectors I'm kinda locked at .85ish bar... 600 HP..

this config is slightly different than the dyno run you saw... that was 1 bar and 8/1 with hydraulics.. my current config is 8.9 , solids, and about .85 bar... and the NA center section and throttle body..(bored).. the dyno run also didnt have the crank work...

I may go for a set of 044 pumps and bigger injectors.... should go to about 650-, maybe 660 HP.... (but it is SOOO driveable right now I can tool at low RPM forever..)...but as I know you know, that's basically the limit of the divider network and the MAF - 650ish..... not to mention my Garrett Super 60's runnin' out of steam and turnng into barbecues...... ... and I also don't want to be the guinea pig for how much boost you can run in an 8.9 CR ;-).... and live.... though Geoffry may have an idea since I think you have played with some higher CR engines..??

Thanks! e
Old 05-23-2006, 02:06 AM
JJayB
Burning Brakes

Ed
Looks like you got the parts to go 7's. Jimmy says go for it. We want video and Ax22. If you're caught, hey Ireland isn't bad and they don't extridite.

Jimmy the Fugitive
Old 05-23-2006, 11:31 AM
edpurplett
Instructor

Jimmy,

Hopefully we won't meet in the pokey :-)..... I'd be happy with the 7's.... I'll be a dutiful person and post the AX22' results.. if I can get it :-)..

Jean and I jsut like to tweak each other... we have almost identical bottom ends... but hte torque/HP curves couldn;t be more different.. and I am envious of his extra 100 HP.... HP envy what a waste... :-)

Quick Reply: Jean :-)... help me extrapolate... times