Detailed the car

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 12:53 AM
fc-racer
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Detailed the car

Hey guys,

In the 2.5 years I've owned the car, I've never detailed it because the paint looked fine; it was deep and the shine was great. Little did I know the depth and shine that was lurking under! I used the recommended tools and methods as described on the CCS website:

1. Wash the car using Meguirs Hi-Tech wash.

2. Dry it using a Microfibre cloth (microfibre is amazing, you have to get one! Even a diehard towel guy like myself is converted).

3. Use a foam applicator to clean the paint using 3M Imperial Hand Glaze (this stuff is amazing, you have to see it to believe it).

4. Wipe off 3M with a cotton flannel polishing cloth (works so much better than towels). I found using a new cloth or turning the cloth frequently helped a lot.

5. Apply One Grand Blitz Carnuba Wax with a foam applicator covered in terry cloth. The applicator I used has a pocket for your fingers which made application much easier and more tactile.

6. Wipe off wax with cotton flannel polishing cloth.

7. Take a fresh cotton flannel polishing cloth and go over the car once more just to ensure you got all the wax off and to check for any missed spots. More importantly, it's a chance to feel the fruits of your labour with the towel practically floating over the surface.

The whole car took about 4hrs and the results are breathtaking. It actually looks like a new car and it just radiates presence when you see it on the road. I've used the 3M/Blitz combo before with amazing results, but I was still surprised to see my already excellent paint become spectacular. Based on my past experience, the shine and protection lasts a long time with this combo.

I highly recommend you do this to your car, you won't believe the difference it will make.

Farzaan
Old 05-10-2006, 02:23 AM
Tim Wasmer
Race Car

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Old 05-10-2006, 02:41 AM
fc-racer
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

haha, alright, alright, I'll try and take some pics tomorrow!

Quick Reply: Detailed the car