Sponsored by:

Where is the market.....$$, supply & demand

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 10:20 AM
robroy72
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Your asking price sounds reasonable if the car is as described. Wish I had the money for it right now!
Old 04-21-2006, 10:23 AM
robroy72
Addict
Rennlist Member

rmauro ... found your ad

http://mall.rennlist.com/scripts/fea...uery=retrieval

You don't have any pictures of the car up there, just an unreadable photo of the window sticker. Also, you have a price of $79,500 on the ad. Fix the price, add some pics & the car will sell.
Old 04-21-2006, 10:38 AM
rmauro
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

I feel if someone is interested I can email 21 pics. 79.5 is asking price which always allows room for negotiation. The buy price is 75. IMHO
Old 04-21-2006, 11:37 AM
Greg H.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm no expert (although I did stay at a Holday Inn) but I think you might be a bit high asking 79K. You are not RPM, Premier or Willhoit. Suckers, I mean buyers, will pay them way more than they will pay you. Dealers can represent that the car was driven by a little old lady - you probably are not one. Their cars have also been detailed to within an inch of their lives. When they say the car is flawless, it probably is. Of course if you don't ask the right questions, it will go unanswered. One member of our forum here paid top dollar of what was essentially a restored race car because he never asked if the car had ALWAYS been this flawless. You also cannot provide financing and are probably not advertising on every known national source that the highline dealers hit. I say ask 74K and negotiate from there. Personally I'd be happy with anything over 70.

For what its worth, I'm not in the camp that thinks these are appreciating assets, but you do have a nice example.

Greg H.
Old 04-21-2006, 11:54 AM
tlark
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would agree with Greg, its too high to begin with and a immediate turn-off. Start at a mid 70's +/- and re-list your add with a picture of you car. IMO the original sticker is nice, but you might get alittle more activity with a good pic and a more reasonable starting point, and as I said it being winter for most of us when you started could have has some effects too. As long as your car is as advertised and its maint. up to date, your car will sell.

The supply of these cars is confusing still, especially the lower mileage one. It will be interesting to see if a few more become available over the next month or two. I may be one of them........
Old 04-21-2006, 12:14 PM
robroy72
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Greg H.
I'm no expert (although I did stay at a Holday Inn) but I think you might be a bit high asking 79K. You are not RPM, Premier or Willhoit. Suckers, I mean buyers, will pay them way more than they will pay you. Dealers can represent that the car was driven by a little old lady - you probably are not one. Their cars have also been detailed to within an inch of their lives. When they say the car is flawless, it probably is. Of course if you don't ask the right questions, it will go unanswered. One member of our forum here paid top dollar of what was essentially a restored race car because he never asked if the car had ALWAYS been this flawless. You also cannot provide financing and are probably not advertising on every known national source that the highline dealers hit. I say ask 74K and negotiate from there. Personally I'd be happy with anything over 70.

For what its worth, I'm not in the camp that thinks these are appreciating assets, but you do have a nice example.

Greg H.
Basically what I was getting at. If you want $75K, ask $75K and list it as a fixed price. Pics on the ad will help tremendously.
Old 04-21-2006, 01:07 PM
Rob 97 993c2
Three Wheelin'

you might also be specific and say the car has never been painted. I think any buyer looking at a 'flawless' car would want to know that.
Old 04-21-2006, 02:00 PM
Luus
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

rmauro, I might have some insight for you. I contacted you about your car shortly after you posted it for sale. I asked for some general info and pics. you emailed me a four word sentence which basically said if serious call me. I have to say it turned me off.

I understand that you might think people are wasting your time with requests for pics or just out there tire kicking but for a lot of people email is a geat way to make initial contact 1) to see if there is continued interest and 2) to see if there is some repoirte between seller and buyer.

I think if you are serious about selling the car you might want to rethink your response to email inquiries or delete your email addy from the ad. I also think you should reconsider your ad and include a pic and lower price. Just my 2 cents
Old 04-21-2006, 02:22 PM
rmauro
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Real buyers are not bashful to pick up the phome for detailed info and not hide behind the anonymity of the internet. I have 21 pics but they dont show the car the way it shows in person. Who buys a new pcar via internet but visits the dealer to negotiate a deal and see/touch the product. That is the way it goes I believe for most transactions. Why cant real buyers use the telephone! Or are people just surfin the net with nothing better to do than dream about their next purchase? You probably asked a bunch of irrelevant ?s - is why I responded to you the way you say- if that is so I apologize.
Old 04-21-2006, 02:32 PM
iborroel
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The questions may have been irrelevant to you but to a buyer they may not be. I try to answer all questions no matter what I think of them.

The only time I had an issue was when someone asked me what the mileage was on my car. I told him about 74,400 but I wasn't sure on the exact amount. He gave me some snippy comment saying that I should know this. This same guy asked about the K16/24 turbos. I explained to him what it meant and he still commented that 'I don't know what is on the car. The previous owner may have put K24's on the car.' I just bit my tongue and let him speak. Even if this guy had offered to buy my car at that point in time I would have passed since he was such a d*@k.
Old 04-21-2006, 02:32 PM
Bradford
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

rmauro - It sounds like you have a very nice car, but you need to put on your sales hat if you want to get rid of it. Post some pictures here. As a recent buyer of a TT, I don't think you are out of line with your asking price. I just sold my C4S in a couple days by just mentioning that I wanted to sell on the 993 board. If your car looks as nice as you describe it, post some pics and the word will get out. Good luck.

Last edited by Bradford; 04-21-2006 at 03:26 PM.
Old 04-21-2006, 02:35 PM
red993tt
Racer

I sold a mint stock '96 bk/bk with 30k miles for $62K. I gave in after 3 months of dealing with tire kickers and mulitiple flakes. In all honesty, threads like this one are miserable because it brings back such bad memory about my most beloved Pcar model. But oh well, they tend creep up every other week or so.
Old 04-21-2006, 02:38 PM
robroy72
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rmauro
Real buyers are not bashful to pick up the phome for detailed info and not hide behind the anonymity of the internet. I have 21 pics but they dont show the car the way it shows in person. Who buys a new pcar via internet but visits the dealer to negotiate a deal and see/touch the product. That is the way it goes I believe for most transactions. Why cant real buyers use the telephone! Or are people just surfin the net with nothing better to do than dream about their next purchase? You probably asked a bunch of irrelevant ?s - is why I responded to you the way you say- if that is so I apologize.
Not everyone speaks English perfectly, so phone conversations don't work well for some. I'm Scottish, so my accent causes a problem to some people, I try and handle most things via EMail, not because I'm trying to hide. Quite frankly, if that is the attitude you have been adopting, I think we now know why it hasn't sold.
Old 04-21-2006, 02:41 PM
Greg H.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

To my post above I should also add that when you call Wilhoit, Premier, RPM etc., you are treated like a king. I think there is a level of comfort in dealing with someone where no request is too large and no detail too small to take care of. I think the term is "customer service" and they are experts at it. I'll bet a lot of cars are bought from them over the internet. Although I bought mine from a private party, I never saw it in person until it was unloaded from the transporter.

Greg H.
Old 04-21-2006, 02:50 PM
Luus
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Irrelevant questions? What would those be? When I contact a seller I usually have a few basic questions concerning history and condition. Not to make this personal but in this case when I contacted you I asked if you were the original owner and where the car had been maintained and if you could please send a couple pics.

Frankly, if a seller is not interested in answering those types of questions in a quick email I don;t see much reason to follow up on the phone. Perhaps if it was a local car but for something long distance a relationship has to be built

Quick Reply: Where is the market.....$$, supply & demand