Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Andial - magic formula ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 02:05 AM
jtpsocal
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JJayB, I assume your *ticket* included a mandatory appearance due to the speed? I received one in Seal Beach a while back for 96 in a 45...I was surprised on that one that they let me go to traffic school (I know over 100 is another deal). Previous to that I gambled on 3 separate tickets and each time the cop didnt show. I just won my latest radar ticket by doing trial by mail..dismissed due to "Lack of Prosecution". Dont know if you have thought of that or if your too far over the line...thought I would share though...Good Luck!
Old 03-29-2006, 11:54 PM
JJayB
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jtpsocal
JJayB, I assume your *ticket* included a mandatory appearance due to the speed? I received one in Seal Beach a while back for 96 in a 45...I was surprised on that one that they let me go to traffic school (I know over 100 is another deal). Previous to that I gambled on 3 separate tickets and each time the cop didnt show. I just won my latest radar ticket by doing trial by mail..dismissed due to "Lack of Prosecution". Dont know if you have thought of that or if your too far over the line...thought I would share though...Good Luck!
Jtpsocal
I requested a continuance as I served discovery on the City of NB. I've defended and won my last Lidar ticket. In my last trial, I hired a court reporter, as the judge appeared to be very pro cop. That kept him honest as I made a record since commissioners hate to be overturned on appeal.
Over a 100 is a mandatory appearance. New date is May 1.

I've done extensive research on Lidar. It is a sophisticated distance measuring device with a stop watch. Problem is that the operator can manipulte the speed by shooting at the front bumper then the windshild. At 80 mph you can have a 10-20 mph error.
Old 03-30-2006, 12:53 AM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JJayB
I've done extensive research on Lidar. It is a sophisticated distance measuring device with a stop watch. Problem is that the operator can manipulte the speed by shooting at the front bumper then the windshild. At 80 mph you can have a 10-20 mph error.
Tainting the perspective jury pool Jim???

Your B-day present has finally arrived and I'll send it down. You could have all your speeding enthusiast friends over to watch the carnage from the 50's.....
Old 03-30-2006, 02:16 AM
jtpsocal
Instructor

So JJayB what your saying is that you were really doing 80 mph max.

Here's a LIDAR inaccuracy story in case you havent read already

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...a_source=&ct=5

Make em' dance...I always do...again good luck let us know how it turns out!

Jon

Quick Reply: Andial - magic formula ?