Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT Oil Cooler - Am I missing something?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 05:36 PM
Ziad
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Khalid, good to see you here again...

TB, is there a big difference in cooling efficiency? I'm planning to upgrade (very soon ), but I won't be going over 500hp, would there be a big difference between the Cargraphic and the RUF?

Cheers
Old 12-28-2005, 05:41 PM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Ziad
Thanks Khalid, good to see you here again...

TB, is there a big difference in cooling efficiency? I'm planning to upgrade (very soon ), but I won't be going over 500hp, would there be a big difference between the Cargraphic and the RUF?

Cheers
I've no idea really . I think I have 3 oil coolers in all. I can't imagine Ruf would sell a bad product. I know RS are proud of their set up and demonstrated to me in 30degC heat how the oil temp will only just get off the first notch even with prolonged high boost use.

I guess the better the oil cooling, the cooler the engine runs which ultimately affects how much power you can make.
Old 12-28-2005, 07:22 PM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by TB993tt
I guess the better the oil cooling, the cooler the engine runs which ultimately affects how much power you can make.
While not entirely applicable to a 3.6 air-cooled & boosted motor, in the early eighties PAG dyno tested a (2.7 or 3.2? -- i don't remember but it was published in Panorama if anyone wants to look) engine to determine at what oil temperature they produced the most horsepower. The curve peaked at 190F/87C. Porsche still probably does the test but that was only example I've seen published.

Quick Reply: GT Oil Cooler - Am I missing something?