Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheels sizes

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005 | 07:40 AM
Rickard 993 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Default Wheels sizes

Im trying to gather information on the right wheels sizes for a stock body 993 TT, My findings looks like 8,5 at front and 11 in the rear

Is this right
Old 12-28-2005 | 03:57 PM
EThec
Racer

the stock sizes are 8 and 10.
8.5 and 11 for aftermarket wheels is a good fitment. I have those sizes shod with 235's and 295's. just make sure the offset is correct.
Old 12-28-2005 | 06:23 PM
Rickard 993 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Im thinking BBS GT in magnesium......8,5 and 11
Old 12-28-2005 | 06:37 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

The BBS magnesium is a great racing wheel... but lots of stories about them cracking with street use. Probably not the best choice for a street wheel.
Old 12-28-2005 | 06:41 PM
Rickard 993 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ca993twin
The BBS magnesium is a great racing wheel... but lots of stories about them cracking with street use. Probably not the best choice for a street wheel.
The one i have read has problem with them are Tb i UK, they have terrible roads, we have nice roads so i think no problem here
Old 12-30-2005 | 08:27 AM
Rickard 993 Turbo
Rennlist Member

I get the understanding that there is only 2 people in this forum that have uppgraded there wheels, becous this tread is so dead
Old 12-30-2005 | 08:38 AM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rickard 993 Turbo
I get the understanding that there is only 2 people in this forum that have uppgraded there wheels, becous this tread is so dead
Sorry to sound a tw&t, but Rickard you start the post by saying "your findings looks like 8.5 and 11 for a stock body" - well you're not looking very hard are you

There has been loads of chat about sizes, offsets and different types of wheels, if you do a search you will find all the info you want.

Just put "wheel size" into the advanced search under the 993 turbo section and you will find tons of useful info.

Other stuff you are writing is also wide of the mark - TB has never has magnesium BBS wheels

Once you've educated yourself a bit, you may have a question which has a little more substance
Old 12-30-2005 | 09:44 AM
strato58
Burning Brakes

I just installed Allurad 3.6's in 8.5 front and 11 rear....I love the look of the deep dish. There is a protruding lip on these rims though so I must be carefull around curbs....
Old 12-30-2005 | 11:25 AM
Rickard 993 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TB993tt
Sorry to sound a tw&t, but Rickard you start the post by saying "your findings looks like 8.5 and 11 for a stock body" - well you're not looking very hard are you

There has been loads of chat about sizes, offsets and different types of wheels, if you do a search you will find all the info you want.

Just put "wheel size" into the advanced search under the 993 turbo section and you will find tons of useful info.

Other stuff you are writing is also wide of the mark - TB has never has magnesium BBS wheels

Once you've educated yourself a bit, you may have a question which has a little more substance
There is always, **** heads on every forums.....

I have searched all my qestions, but i did find what i was looking for, so i posted a question instead

I thought you did have Magnesium wheels and have broken 3 set, did i write that you have BBS magensoium, NO i don't think so, so please read and don't be a *******..
Old 12-30-2005 | 11:44 AM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

There is always, **** heads on every forums.....

I have searched all my qestions, but i did find what i was looking for, so i posted a question instead

I thought you did have Magnesium wheels and have broken 3 set, did i write that you have BBS magensoium, NO i don't think so, so please read and don't be a *******..
English is obviously not your first language hence why you don't understand that your reply to CA993twin's quote about BBS magnesium implied TB had the same. In English, calling some one a "****head" or "*******" is not very pleasant especially when they started out by apologising for being a tw&t

If you go to search and type in a few wheel related things like "wheel offset" on the 993 turbo forum section, you will get the thread below which will answer your specific question.

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...k+wheel+offset

I can see that you may have come across your fair share of sh!theads on other forums - it is not difficult to see why.
Old 12-30-2005 | 11:57 AM
Rickard 993 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TB993tt
English is obviously not your first language hence why you don't understand that your reply to CA993twin's quote about BBS magnesium implied TB had the same. In English, calling some one a "****head" or "*******" is not very pleasant especially when they started out by apologising for being a tw&t

If you go to search and type in a few wheel related things like "wheel offset" on the 993 turbo forum section, you will get the thread below which will answer your specific question.

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...k+wheel+offset

I can see that you may have come across your fair share of sh!theads on other forums - it is not difficult to see why.

Exaktly im from Sweden, should i take this in Swedich in stead, then we will se ho will look like a fool...

What's a tw&t...?

Thank's for the link, will read it

And i have done a search for wheels, and read all of them i thougt, but did find what i was looking for
Old 12-30-2005 | 12:01 PM
Rickard 993 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Now i have read the tread you linked to, i gave my nothing, im not intressted in stock sizes

I'm intressted in what sizes people run on there uppgraded wheels
Old 12-30-2005 | 12:07 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Rickard,

Forum posts can get hostile very quickly and easily. It requires a great deal of restraint of everyones part to stay with just technical information; name-calling is never appropriate. TB has really bent over backwards to provide you with links to answer your questions, correct a misunderstanding, and ignore your impolite post. No one implied that you look like a fool; but your question has been asked and answered dozens of times on this forum.

Probably half of the 993s on this forum have upgraded their wheels. There is no "one perfect size", it depends on what size/type tires you are planning, and how you plan to use your car. Its also important to factor in the ride height and camber of your car when trying to determine how wide a wheel/tire you can run.

Please spend some time looking over previous posts and then post some specific questions that may remain unanswered. Try to keep your tone light and you will get better responses.
Old 12-30-2005 | 12:11 PM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Now i have read the tread you linked to, i gave my nothing, im not intressted in stock sizes

I'm intressted in what sizes people run on there uppgraded wheels
Ah.... got you - there is definately a language barrier here - Your post says "the right wheel sizes" which I thought you meant stock sizes.

What exactly do you mean by the "right" sizes ?

The biggest practically would be 9" and 11" if you check out the stock offsets and the mess around with this (baring in mind 11" 996tt rear wheels are a nice tight fit) you should get your answer
http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp
Old 12-30-2005 | 12:30 PM
Rassel
Drifting

Biggest "tire sizes" I've seen so far is 255 front and 315 in the back without cutting the flares. If that can be of any help. I think ViperBob ran 315 in the back?

Quick Reply: Wheels sizes