Sponsored by:

Update on turbo inspection/purchase

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2005 | 03:15 PM
Only1Buck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Update on turbo inspection/purchase

I had posted earlier the results of the leakdown and the compression tests, that along with the full ppi went well and I am proceeding with the purchase of a 1996 speed yellow/black interior 1 owner turbo with 22,329 miles. It is not heavily optioned, sport seats, red seat belts, self dimming mirror and rain sensor, digital sound, cd player, sun roof delete, model designation delete. It does have a techart exhaust...I will be making some other adjustments to it...will post you on future developments...and will post pics before and after the "adjustments"...

I wanted to thank the members on the board for their input and support...
Old 12-03-2005 | 03:19 PM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

Only1Buck,

That's a helluv a car you getting... are you kidding... sunroof delete? Congrats and please post some pics... and I must tell you to hold on tight because the slope is steep!!!!
Old 12-03-2005 | 03:29 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I love the sunroof delete!!! Start saving $$$
Old 12-03-2005 | 04:32 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

This car seems pretty well optioned. Congrats on getting through the PPI. Let us know how it goes. My SY car also has sport seats and model delete options. Cool!
Old 12-03-2005 | 04:49 PM
Cor2nir
Racer

WOW! That is almost the exact car I want excepet I want a Sunroof. I have been in the market for an SY Turbo for only a short time now. I think the car you are talking about is in Chicago at a dealer correct me if I am wrong. I thought about that car and even was going to have the tests done about 3 months ago but decided against the non-sunroof. I know its hard to find a SY Turbo in the first place but I just wanted the perfect car for me. I hope all goes well and you become a SY Turbo Owner, Hopefully I will be next. Post the compression and leakdown results when you get them back as I am curious to see how that car is mechanically. I wish I didn't have to have a sunroof or I would of bought it a few months ago. Good Luck

Corey
Old 12-03-2005 | 05:32 PM
Only1Buck
Addict
Rennlist Member

The car was traded in to Joe Rizza Porsche just outside of Chicago. Is that one you were referring to?

Quick Reply: Update on turbo inspection/purchase