Sponsored by:

Turbo S chin spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 05:37 PM
Felix
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

It would need to be further forward to protect the S spoiler but I'm not sure there's solid bodywork to support the bar much further forward than it currently is.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:06 AM
IamSMC
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TomF
Phelix, that is what I suspected. I wonder if a FPB could be designed for the S spoiler cars? Pretty limited market, I know, but probably fairly easy to fabricate.
Maybe in the case of the TT S spoiler, the FPB can be spaced lower with some washers and longer bolts?
Old 06-27-2006, 08:29 AM
Felix
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Not sure that would work; roughly speaking the lower curve of the front PU of the standard tt is in line with the ramp and the FPB is inline with the ramp as well. On the S the ramp is shallower and that's the problem. A FBP would need to be much further forward to be of real-world use; if it were only lowered it would need to lowered a lot (perhaps 1" or more) to bring it into the rough line of the ramp and then it would severely compromise ground clearance.
Old 06-27-2006, 01:24 PM
TomF
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 149 Likes on 128 Posts

Phelix, I think that you are right that it may be impossible to make a fpb for the S spoiler. As you indicate, there is no solid place to mount the bar and it would have to be so far forward and low to the ground...I am going to be under my car later this week, so I will take another look to see if anything can be done.

What a great product from Porsche: one that looks fantastic, is expensive and needs to be replaced about as often as fan belts! LOL

Quick Reply: Turbo S chin spoiler