Turbo S chin spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 09:23 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Morton
Cesar:

FWIW, even if you start with factory pieces, there is a need to have the fitment work done by a very good body shop. As folks have mentioned, the turbo "S" chin spoiler mostly glues on. There are two mounting studs on each side, about 3 inches on front of the wheel well. The fit issue of the chin spoiler is getting a nice seam line along the curve of the bumper cover when viewed at an downward angle. There is a tendency for the part to have varying gaps at the "mouth" as well as at the back wheel well lip.
Jim, I ended up riveting the spoiler to get it to conform to the factory US bumper. It just wasn't going to fit real tight at one end or the other. I left it unpainted and rivited for about 4 weeks. The material molded to the shape of the bumper, then I had drilled out the rivets and sent it to the shop for painting. It came out perfect!
Old 12-15-2005, 09:21 PM
Rickard 993 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any picture before and after
Old 12-15-2005, 09:35 PM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is another shot of the S lip

How about a Turbo S deck lid/wing to go with that
Old 12-15-2005, 09:37 PM
Rickard 993 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Very nice

Yes turbo S wing and fenders would rock, and if my dream come true i will soon own one with them on..
Old 12-15-2005, 09:42 PM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

Originally Posted by TB993tt
Sounds like you are on a budget so this may not be of interest - a one piece spoiler incorporating the "S" lip marketed by Stuttgart Connection in the UK.
No idea of price.
I emailed those guys a few months ago when I was in the market for a euro front bumper... never heard back from them so.... I went with the OEM euro front bumper with the S lip.

They look very nice though... but couldn't get any info.
Old 12-15-2005, 09:46 PM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

Cesar,

Just in case you're interested in the Turbo S tail... Here is one on a 98 C2S...

Old 12-15-2005, 09:46 PM
Rickard 993 Turbo
Rennlist Member

The car im looking at has a FULL factory turbo S packaged, but i can't see on the pictures if the S lip is there, ihope so..
Old 12-15-2005, 09:53 PM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

Originally Posted by Rickard 993 Turbo
The car im looking at has a FULL factory turbo S packaged, but i can't see on the pictures if the S lip is there, ihope so..
Richard,

Do you have a pic of the car you're looking at?
Old 12-15-2005, 09:55 PM
Rickard 993 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Air Kuul TT
Richard,

Do you have a pic of the car you're looking at?
Will PM you..
Old 12-15-2005, 10:08 PM
EddieC
Rennlist Member

Hey, this is sort of dumb but bear with me. I bought the air scoops and Euro clear lights and was going to install them on my car. The problem was I never noticed the cut outs on the bumper that show when you take off the little rubber bumperettes. When you want to dress up the front end, does everyone buy the Euro Turbo bumper without the cut outs on the bumper? Since I found out I was a dumb-dumb for not noticing the cut outs I have seen a write up about filling in that gap and just painting over it. Anyone here recommend that sort of thing?

Also, when you paint the front bumpers, don't you normally have to sort of keep going and paint some more of the car? Any downside to all that painting?
Old 12-15-2005, 11:35 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Eddie,

I had the cutouts filled on Waldo, my previous 993TT. It came out great, and was done by a very good body shop that had done that before. You can paint just the bumper, and again, if it is done by a good body shop that can match paint... not a problem. If you have some rock chips on your hood, however, now would be a good tome to deal with those. When you're done, you may want to consider some "clear bra" to protect the paint in the future.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:22 AM
EddieC
Rennlist Member

Steve - Thanks for the feedback. I guess the painting didn't have any negative effect on the sale of Waldo. I saw a lot of good things on this site about him when you were selling. This is my first TT and I've heard so much about not buying a car that has been painted that I worry about painting my car. Seems like if it makes the car look better how could it be so bad?

Thanks again!
Old 12-16-2005, 03:03 AM
fc-racer
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These cars are coming up on 10 years old now. To find a car with no paintwork would be very difficult. At this stage of the game, you should assume there is some paintwork and instead focus on who did the paintwork. My car has 21k miles (34k km) on it and it has had the nose painted due to stone chips from track days. I followed my friend's GT3 around Pacific Raceways way too closely last time and it was the first event of the year. Tons of little stones got kicked up and made a mess of the nose. The paintwork done by Burrard Autostrasse in Vancouver was excellent, can't even tell.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:17 AM
EddieC
Rennlist Member

I appreciate you guys!
Old 12-16-2005, 10:20 AM
rich993t
Advanced

I got a gt2 type front see thread' 'pic of my car at last'-it is fibreglass though.
I dont know if that helps or not-from essential styling-they have a website.
link:
http://www.essentialstyling.com/gt2_styling_for_t4.htm

Quick Reply: Turbo S chin spoiler