Sponsored by:

WTB: 1996-1997 993 Speed Yellow C4S or Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2005, 05:29 PM
Cor2nir
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Vinny,

Thanks for your comments I also know there is another guy on the forums here who did the same after searching a while for a SY Turbo. In my case I am purchasing a Yellow C4S so that will take care of my Porsche Bug untill I find the right turbo. Your cars look great in your avatar. There is a SY Turbo at my local Porsche dealership an 01 with Ultra Low miles. I thought about going to check it out but I know I would buy it and then sell it in the next few months knowing that it isnt the right car for me, so instead I am just pretending its not there.

Tom,

We have spoke several times and I also know you have thought about selling due to you wanting a track car I remember discussing a buddy of mine's car too you locally as you wanted a track car. He still won't sell but when he does I will let you know as the only way I would buy it would be for a daily. I also like your car as its my 2nd choice next yellow. I guess I will see how much I like yellow and the C4S compared to the turbo. Let me know when your ready to sell I am interested in your car. I have a felling my SY Turbo is going to take a while to find, so I would love to own a Blk one in the mean time to sit in the garage next to my new C4S.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Corey
Old 11-27-2006, 04:55 PM
Cor2nir
Racer

Just sold one of my rentals and would like to be back in the game. I also just sold my daily driver as well so now its Porsche time. In the meantime I will be driving my ever so uncomfortable 96 Viper GTS. I am in the market for C4S or a Turbo. My first choice is Yellow. I am thinking about going to Chicago to check out the one at Chicagomotorcars. But if anyone knows of one for sale or migthbe willing to sell theirs let me know. I do not mind other colors just first perference is Yellow and I will buy another color and drive it untill I find my ideal choice.

Thanks
Corey
Old 11-27-2006, 05:31 PM
EndlessEarth
Instructor

FWIW: I have heard that the interior on that SY car in Chicago looks very tired in person.
Old 11-28-2006, 11:10 AM
ploglet
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Yellow Turbo for sale

Here is one on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1997-...QQcmdZViewItem

and another:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1997-...QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited by ploglet; 11-28-2006 at 11:13 AM. Reason: additional link
Old 11-28-2006, 12:59 PM
Cor2nir
Racer

I am pretty tempted to fly to Chicago as I go there on busines frequently. I have heard the car has various paintwork throughout the car. The other yellow on in Colorado i was interested in but ran the carfax and found out it had been in a pretty bad accident. I think the one from Colorado used to belong to a member here. If that was not involved in an accident I would of probably bought it. I am looking for the right car no accidents etc. Thanks for keeping an eye out for me sooner or later I will be back in one.

Corey
Old 11-28-2006, 01:21 PM
EndlessEarth
Instructor

Originally Posted by Cor2nir
I am pretty tempted to fly to Chicago as I go there on busines frequently. I have heard the car has various paintwork throughout the car. The other yellow on in Colorado i was interested in but ran the carfax and found out it had been in a pretty bad accident. I think the one from Colorado used to belong to a member here. If that was not involved in an accident I would of probably bought it. I am looking for the right car no accidents etc. Thanks for keeping an eye out for me sooner or later I will be back in one.

Corey

I ran a car fax on the VIN that is listed with the current auction on that SY car in Colorado and it does not list any accidents. However you are the second person to mention that it was in a bad accident. I wonder what is up with that?
Old 11-28-2006, 01:51 PM
EndlessEarth
Instructor

I e-mailed Rocky Mountain Eurosport. This is the reply:

Yes, Grant, as I understand this car has been in an accident before we got it. I do not know the extend of the damage but who ever did the body work did very good job. And, since Carfax does not show anything it was very likely a minor accident.
Please let me know what can I do to help you with this purchase. This is a very good looking 993TT.
Thank you,

Leon Veremeychik
Rocky Mountain Eurosport

I do not know if that logic holds. I would imagine that you could have a very bad accident and it still might not get reported on carfax if it fell through the cracks or was paid for in cash.

It is a great looking car. Too bad.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:43 PM
Rob 97 993c2
Three Wheelin'

there is no correlation between the extent of the accident and carfax reporting.
I know of a relatively serious accident that was not pickedup on carfax because only the damaged car was involved and no other car was hit (e.g. it spun into a person's yard and hit a tree).

I believe carfax picks up accidents when there is a claim between 2 damaged cars that hit each other (im not certain of this)
Old 11-28-2006, 02:58 PM
Benton
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The car in CO is Ferrari Light Yellow (FLY yellow).
Old 11-28-2006, 03:22 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Fly Yellow is absolutely stunning. It is my understanding that CarFax gets notified of an accident when there is a police report filed? I would suggest taking that Colorado car to a really top flight body shop for an evaluation... who knows... may have been only a minor fender bender?
Old 11-29-2006, 01:29 AM
Tim Wasmer
Race Car

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

OK, I have seen this car.

Sat in it to

It is nice but expensive. The CF and hard back seats are really nice.

Do a search and you may find the thread talking about this car. Going from memory it was actually more extensive than they let on.

That being said, Leon is an alright guy. Like any dealer you need to know your stuff and keep detailed records of your conversations.

Here is a quote from another member that has seen it:
"I looked at the car and it was definitely repainted. I couldn't detect any frame damage but the sun roof had some difficulties moving properly (not sure if that necessarily means much). Driver door and rear panel were damaged, by the looks of it. Paint job is good though. Rear indicator lights are yellow. All in all sweet looking car but the history is concerning.

Any input appreciated since I am still considering the car if priced right.

CW"
Old 11-29-2006, 12:02 PM
tlark
Drifting

Originally Posted by Tim Wasmer

Here is a quote from another member that has seen it:
"I looked at the car and it was definitely repainted. I couldn't detect any frame damage but the sun roof had some difficulties moving properly (not sure if that necessarily means much)."

Its means a whole lot if the sunroof is not functioning properly ! These cars being aluim. skinned, and a side impact possible. The A-pillar one of the weaker points................kind of adds up FWIW.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:08 PM
Alon
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cor2nir
Hi I am in the market for a 1996-1997 Speed Yellow 993 Turbo. I am looking for a clean car no accidents and clean and clear title. I used to own a 1996 Polar Turbo about a year ago and sold it and regret it. I would perfer low miles and stock but if you have a 993 Turbo in Speed Yellow I will take a few more miles. I will also take mildly modded. I am also interested in a 993 C4S in Speed Yellow as I know the Turbos are hard to find in Yellow. I am cash buyer no financing needed, etc. I am willing to pay top dollar for the car. I have been following the 993 market for a while now and I know what they are worth and such. Please e-mail me at cor2nir@aol.com if you have something that fits my criteria.

Thanks

Corey
I literally just bought (yesterday) my new-to-me 1996 993tt in Speed Yellow on Black Leather with sport seats. One owner since new, no issues with this car and low mileage (33,800 KM). It is a local Toronto, Canada car and I could be tempeted

Is a Canadian car a consideration for you?
Old 11-29-2006, 02:22 PM
911/Q45
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Tom Larkins
Its means a whole lot if the sunroof is not functioning properly ! These cars being aluim. skinned, and a side impact possible. The A-pillar one of the weaker points................kind of adds up FWIW.
No aluminum in the skin of mine!
Old 11-29-2006, 02:43 PM
EndlessEarth
Instructor

Originally Posted by Tom Larkins

I remembered what I had heard about the accident. Supposedly the car went into a guardrail. That could explain the door and flank repairs as well as any A-pillar damage.

Quick Reply: WTB: 1996-1997 993 Speed Yellow C4S or Turbo