Sponsored by:

1996 TT pricing help

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 12:48 AM
satchy
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1996 TT pricing help

I'm thinking of selling my '96 turbo and I need help with pricing. If you search KBB or Edmonds the prices seem out of line with asking prices. I have no idea where to price it!? It's a 1996, 14,700 miles, blk/blk, sunroof delete, PSS9 and swaybar, lowered (with orig. suspension available), K40, o/w stock. Excellent but not concours condition. Any feedback would be appreciated, posted or PM.

P.S, I'm not trying to sneak a classified into the web boards, I just really don't know where to go with this. I'm not even sure I want to sell it. Every time I wash it , I get seller's remorse!

Thanks
Old 07-03-2005, 01:08 AM
tlark
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First off, its unique in some respect w/o the sun roof. That can be good and bad depending buyer. Sport seats would be desirable, does it have them or hollow spokes ? Records, window sticker and maint. receipts add to the appeal of the car as well. These things need to be considered.

With that type of mileage I would think its needs to be in the low 70's as a starting point. Some will disagree and think otherwise, but as time goes by I think these lower mileage cars will command premiums. You have a $80k retail on your car at RPM or Premiers car lot, and they will get it.
Old 07-03-2005, 02:43 PM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Received 924 Likes on 556 Posts

I've been watching the market pretty closely over the last month in preparation for my first 993 purchase and would conclude that dealer's like those listed above are buying cars at retail and listing at $10K-$15K more. Very few have changed hands based on the dealer's on-line inventories and ebay ads. So, where the market really is today is hard to determine.

Can you email me some more details and pics of your car as I may have some interest? I would have preferred a sun roof, but black/black is tops on my list color-wise. Thanks, Mark

Quick Reply: 1996 TT pricing help