Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please help...

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2005 | 12:42 AM
martyg
Advanced

Default Please help...

I have a 993 turbo that has a leak coming from the power steering pump/rack.

I thought the leak was coming from a banjo but it was not. I am now at the point where I need to remove the unit. But I cannot find the bolt or bolts to do this. Can anyone help me with instruction to remove this unit. Please take a look at the pictures to see how far along I am.

Thank, Marty
Attached Images   
Old 07-03-2005 | 01:22 AM
rbcsaver
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Marty,
you probably will get more help by moving this to the 993 Turbo Forum.
regards,
Steve
Old 07-03-2005 | 04:46 PM
fixnprsh
Burning Brakes

you have to remove the black, plastic cover on the front side on top of, and under the car, remove the pulley and belt, and the bolts on the otherside of the pump are behind the pulley if I remember, I have NEVER done a pump and it is usually the o-ring on the hose/pump side that leaks. I have had the whole bracket off to do valve jobs. and I have no idea if you can do this with the motor in the car, if you can, you will look like you've been mauled by a tiger from the sheetmetal, screws and other crap the germans left sticking out.

As far as the leaking rack, thats common, just make sure that it IS leaking, and your slave hasn't gone bad and is pumping fluid out of your clutch master resivor under the front hood. this will leak into the body cavity above the rack and drain out on top of it. pull the cap and see if its overfilled. If your clutch pedal is stiff, thats another indication. Best of luck

Quick Reply: Please help...