Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Steering Problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2005 | 08:10 PM
martyg
Advanced

Default Power Steering Problem

I have gone as far as I can on my knowlede. I looked at all the banjo bolts and there washers and i cannot find the leak. So I think there is something wrong with the unit itself but I cannot get it out of the car to take a look.

Can anyone help. I have taken two pictures just in case. The picture with the fingers is me pointing at the two bolts I thought if removed would allow me to tkae the unit out. But they are out and the unit is in there strong, and I cannot see at all how to take it out. It seems the leek is coming from the bottom of the unit and then going through a hole which is for a line/tube that goes to the oil reserve for the turbos (I think).

Marty
Attached Images   
Old 07-03-2005 | 07:55 PM
sonny1
Banned

Hey Marty,
Your leak is most probably is at the pulley seal,take out the rear plastic cover,the belt,then the pulley,then you will have ascess to the seal, cheers,Sonny.
Old 07-03-2005 | 08:03 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

I just had a similar issue on my own car. I had a power steering fluid leak and replaced the aluminum washers. The problem did not go away. It tuned out to be a micro fracture in the metal part of the line right above the power steering pump. Darndest thing I ever saw. It was no larger that a pin hole. But under revs, it leaked like a spray bottle.

There are bolts on the back side of the unit to remove the pump. Not easy to get at as it requires removing the cover, the belt, and it is a PAIN.

Quick Reply: Power Steering Problem