Sponsored by:

New Member has Problems : (

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 08:51 AM
AndyT
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Member has Problems : (

Hey guys, I have a 97tt currently I used to have an 89 930. Had the TT for 2 years so far and track it about 7 events a year. I jsut got the car back from the dealer (still under warrentee) from a engine reseal job. Steve Weiner and I have been in constant contact and I picked up the GT2 / RS flywheel clutch kit as well as the RS motor mounts. I drove the car home last night and the changes are NOTICABLE. The car has much better response now. Cut here's the problem. I drove the car for about 3- minutes, might have hit the redline or come close to it. I didn't feel the fuel cutout which usually happens and when i wne to get gas once i refired th car the check engine light came on. Also note the car was hitting 0.5 boost at the most prior to stopping for fuel. What do you think ? Boost leak ? Or did the engine over spin ? Anyway. I also always had a bit of a whine in the gearbox. Not really a big deal. Now I have what sounds like rocks in there !!! Do these LWF kits increase drivetrain noise? There would be no reason for the mechanic to go into the gearbox for an engine reseal. Any ideas ? The help is appreciated. I'll be calling Steve ASAP as well but it's only 3 30 am in Oregon so I'll let him sleep : )

Andy
Old 06-03-2005, 01:47 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Hi Andy:

I'm awake,.....

Indeed, the RS flywheel effects a big change in engine and boost response. If your ECU is unmodified, the stock rev limiter (fuel cutoff) remained intact and you didn't overrev the motor.

The tachometers in these cars have some hysteresis and the needles bounce around a bit. If you are seeing no more than .5 bar of boost and you have a CE light, I'd put the PST-2 to the car and have the ECU read to see what code threw the CE light.

The LWF does make more noise at idle since the regular transmission backlash masked by the dual-mass flywheel is now audible. Its usually gone by 2000 RPM and is no cause for concern.

Have the guys at the shop get the code, reset the CE light and let me know what you find.

Quick Reply: New Member has Problems : (