Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2005, 12:38 PM
K24madness
Banned
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also want you guys to know that I am not doing this while blindfolded

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lma3.php

For the tweeker types like me this is a great measurement tool. Once I make all of the tuning corrections needed I will share the info.

I have more that a few ways to fine tune the ECU program.

Last edited by K24madness; 05-14-2005 at 01:00 PM.
Old 05-16-2005, 02:42 AM
Ruf-Dan-Ruf
Racer

K24, thanks for sharing your project. I respect all the knowledgeable people on the board and you need to be pretty confident by posting "not the norm" mods as you have done.

Please everyone don't flame me if I get Porsche things wrong here I do not!! pertain to be an expect in mechanics and would like to share some experiences I have had. I do know a lot!! about computers and software.

I have tuned many Japanese performance cars and have written software that interfaces with Link engine management systems. This software was used on Cody Crokers group n subaru rally car the year he won the Australian groupn rally title and on Possum Bornes Gold Rush rally car that won before his tragic death the following year at the same event.

When we tune we had Map sensors for boost and electronic ignition systems for timing. I have been quietly trying to learn about my 993 on this board as at first things seemed a lot different to what I am used to.

I agree entirely with what you are saying K24. I have run 30 pounds boost in a standard subaru legacy engine with standard rods/bolts and non forged pistons. We ran this race engine for two race seasons with zero issues. This is 3 times the boost the engine came with.

By adjusting timing, fuel boost and ensuring no detonation occurs then it is safe.

To get massive HP gains I found that being able to advance and retard timing through the RPM's in conjunction with your boost curve is a must. Increasing timing until knocking then pulling it back a degree or two equalled maximum HP.

No control of timing would have = worse HP results.

Back to Porsches.

My car has a distributor. I am guessing all 993's also use a distributor for timing. (do 996's as well??) So the conclusion I have is there is no computer control over timing?

Has any one replaced the distributor with coil packs and or a computer controlled ignitor and a wire in computer to alter/control the timing through the rev/boost curve?

This is an easy install and I have done a few (once again with Jap distributor cars) and would allow timing changes to match your boost/fuel changes. Safe increased HP doing this.

From my readings of the these forums people alter/replace the turbos, increase their boost and reprogram the computers (or not) for fuel.

If my reading/conclusions are right then there's a whole lot of untapped safe HP waiting to be gotten for low dollars for those that are willing.

I love the $600 mod you have shared. Thanks and please keep sharing.
Old 12-24-2005, 09:58 PM
Rickard 993 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

K24madness

I love it

We are in tehe same boat, if then egien brakes, so what, just a nice oportunity to fix it and uppgrade it..
Old 12-24-2005, 09:59 PM
Rickard 993 Turbo
Rennlist Member

K24

One more thing, rhe car im going to buy have k16, so i need to uppgrade the turbos first thing...

What do you recomend for me
Old 12-25-2005, 10:02 AM
Woodster
Drifting

K24 will recommend K24 based turbos (of course),
he can explain... His car is quite fast!!
Marty K
Old 12-25-2005, 11:54 PM
K24madness
Banned
Rennlist Member

Rickard,

In order to answer your question you need to define how the car will be used. Are you willing to run the car without cats? Are you willing to run 100 oct or higher fuel? If not then what is the available pump gas? Is low end power more important to you or can you adjust your driving style to a motor that is more geared towards top end power?

I can offer suggestions after you give me some more info.
Old 12-26-2005, 07:24 AM
Rickard 993 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by K24madness
Rickard,

In order to answer your question you need to define how the car will be used. Are you willing to run the car without cats? Are you willing to run 100 oct or higher fuel? If not then what is the available pump gas? Is low end power more important to you or can you adjust your driving style to a motor that is more geared towards top end power?

I can offer suggestions after you give me some more info.
Hello

I will run without cat yes, has always did and will always do..?

Will not run racefuel , but here in sweden we have the new Shell V power 99 oct

Low end power is not so important for me

My last Supra that i did build by my self did i dyno to 1067hp on the engien dyno, not US hp and not Us rwhp, car went 8,67@167 with me driving.This was a street car..

th
Old 12-26-2005, 11:15 AM
Woodster
Drifting

HOLY S#*T!!

MK
Old 12-26-2005, 11:18 AM
Rickard 993 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Woodster
HOLY S#*T!!

MK

Thanks

We are Supra nr7 in the world with this time
Old 12-26-2005, 12:41 PM
K24madness
Banned
Rennlist Member

Rickard,

Not sure if the 993tt will ever satisfy you after that supra.

Based on your answers I would definatly reccommend a K24 based turbo. You will need to have the compressor upgraded to something much larger. There are a couple of choices I like. I will PM you with the details.

If you select the exhaust wisely you will have no more lag than the car did in stock form.
Old 12-26-2005, 06:54 PM
Rickard 993 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Thanks

But this car is not for my need not to satisfie my dragracing and accerlation needs

That i have a diffrent car for, this is my acceration car..

Exhouste wise im thiniking a straight system with an X ,changing side with 2 Burns mufflers, 3 inch both side

Originally Posted by K24madness
Rickard,

Not sure if the 993tt will ever satisfy you after that supra.

Based on your answers I would definatly reccommend a K24 based turbo. You will need to have the compressor upgraded to something much larger. There are a couple of choices I like. I will PM you with the details.

If you select the exhaust wisely you will have no more lag than the car did in stock form.
Old 12-27-2005, 05:46 PM
Rickard 993 Turbo
Rennlist Member

K24

Im thiniking something like this

http://www.kozmanautos.com/1000ps993eng.jpg

But with burns mufflers
Old 12-27-2005, 06:35 PM
K24madness
Banned
Rennlist Member

Perfect!!

You will really love the K24 based turbo with that type of exhaust. I will PM you those compressors once I get home and look up the info.

I also have a bored out throttle body and the lower chamber opened up. This really helps the top end power. I would also recommend the HI6 crane ignition.

Quick Reply: Before and after dyno of my K24's